PDA

View Full Version : making commerical bids

Grassman43
05-01-2006, 09:20 PM
When making a commerical yearly bid how many cuttings should I base it on? For the whole year!

PMLAWN
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
March 15th thur Nov 15th each week-- every other week the rest of the year. Total property service all year!

Geo777
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Iíd just put down ďcut as neededĒ. And not even worry about how many cuts per year. You simply cut it when it needs it. Now charge them for the whole year for showing up each week. Last thing you need is someone counting how many cuts your doing. Certain weather conditions may prevent you from cutting every week. I never get over how many companies cut just for the sake of cutting and it donít even need a cut. They pay you to keep the site looking good. Many Iíve dealt with could care less how many cuts as long as it look good. If you have a good fertilization program itís a given youíll be cutting every week during the growing season.

PMG
05-03-2006, 08:19 AM
In your proposal I would be sure to list it as:

Maintenance Service (mowing) not more than once per week.

Never identify how many mowing will be included. This will allow you to skip a week in the event the lawn has not grown during dry periods or droughts.

If you actually document something, the property owners will count and hold you to your proposal, trust me. This is also why I put "not more than once per week" because they will also try to get more out of you if they can.

Remember, it all starts with customer education and professional execution of contracts. Be specific so you don't get caught on the wrong side, ultimately costing you money.

When figuring your costs, I would price it at once per week on your work-up sheet, but not in your proposal or contract.

Peter