PDA

View Full Version : lawn irrigation questions????

mike lane lawn care
05-01-2006, 10:54 PM
i was wondering if there is a way to take all of the water that goes down the sink and shower drain, filter it and then pump it out onto the lawn? or is this not realistic?

and the other question, which sprinkler is more efficient, the oscilating type or the pulsating type. I would like to save as much water as possible while keeping the lawn green.
thanks

Dirty Water
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Sure, just drop a submersible pump in your septic tank :)

mike lane lawn care
05-01-2006, 11:32 PM
no but seriously, is this possible?
we have sewer, but somewhere in the lawn there is a septic tank. LOL

Hank Reardon
05-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Depending on your codes you can have a "gray water" system installed and irrigate. These are becoming more common in drier climes like the southwest.

Az Gardener
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Yes, I have a client with one due to city restrictions. Be aware by the time it is grey water it is not great for your lawn. You cant regulate it well either, when the tank is full it pumps dry. If you are a tinkerer you could probably take the existing standard system and rig it to pump when you want and inject something to minimize the effects of the chems in your grey water.

As for sprinkler heads rotors are better than sprays less misting and water lost to evaporation. They are also less maintenance, they rarely clog up, sprays do often. They put out water slower so less runoff.