PDA

View Full Version : Multi Tool

Lynch Landscaping
05-02-2006, 08:35 AM
I got question. I am going to be buying a new Trimmer and Hedge Trimmer, both from Shindaiwa. My question is should I buy the Shindaiwa Multi Tool or Buy the Hedge Trimmer and the Trimmer as seperate units? If i do get the Multi Tool I will buy some of the other attachments. Is the Multi Tool Worth the money of should I go the other way?
Thank You

ACEMowing
05-02-2006, 10:18 AM
We have an few year old Shindaiwa M230 Multi-Tool... and we love it. We have the articulating hedge trimmer, pole pruner, cultivator, edger, and trimmer attachments. The hedge trimmer is great for reaching high... or leveling low ground covers plus for normal hedge rows, it makes it easy to stay straight. The pole pruner does an awesome job as well... I've taken out 18' tall trees top to bottom with it.
If I ever replaced it, I'd go with the newer C4 powered unit... I think it's an M2500 model. The M230 has plenty of power for everything but the stick edger... we're spolied with the 260 edgers which have a lot more power. If it had the C4 power head, it would be plenty stout for an edger as well.
It won't cost you much more to go with the multi-use so to me it's for sure worth it... we don't use the attachments everyday so it makes sense to not buy all seperate pieces of equipment for us.

jameson
05-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I got question. I am going to be buying a new Trimmer and Hedge Trimmer, both from Shindaiwa. My question is should I buy the Shindaiwa Multi Tool or Buy the Hedge Trimmer and the Trimmer as seperate units? If i do get the Multi Tool I will buy some of the other attachments. Is the Multi Tool Worth the money of should I go the other way?
Thank You

I dont think that you can go wrong by purchasing a split-boom/multi-tool unit, they are very functional machines. However, I would recommend having a dedicated trimmer and hegde trimmer first (which you probably already do); if something goes wrong with the power-head, your SOL; no hedging or trimming.

James

Jeds_Lawn_Care
06-11-2006, 10:53 AM
It won't cost you much more to go with the multi-use so to me it's for sure worth it... we don't use the attachments everyday so it makes sense to not buy all seperate pieces of equipment for us.

He's right. Price differince is about 50-$60

ElephantNest
06-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I just bought the hedger attachment, and it retro-fits my T230. There was no need for me to buy a new power head (M230) since it already fits a unit I own. Not sure if this is an option for you or not. Haven't used it yet, but I have heard only good things about them. And it only takes about 2 minutes to swap it back to a trimmer.

lawnspecialties
06-11-2006, 03:34 PM
This is obviously an older thread but I'll throw my .02 in for what it's worth. I have the Shindaiwa C4 split-shaft with hedge trimmer and tiller. The tiller's great because of the 4 stroke torque. Since 4 strokes are considerably slower in rpm's, the hedge trimmer attachment quite simply sucks.:)