PDA

View Full Version : Walker owners: Who is using Meg a Mow or Gator type blades

above all
05-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Hello good people. I was thinking of trying something different this summer when i can switch over to my mulching mower 42"and leave the big Walker GHS in the garage. I have been using the standard Walker setup of four blades, one high lift and one Walker flat blade on each side. They seem to work ok .. very little blow out, etc. but they seem to go dull alot faster than when i just use the high lift blades with the GHS. Changing the blades only take a couple of minutes but i sure would like to get a few more mows before switching over. What have you been running with? thanks!

mole
05-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I use the meg mo's but I do not own a walker. i use them on my skagg. i love them they cut through anything. People will tell you differnt but i love them you have to try them .

Olylawnboy
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I use Gators on my Walker and I like them. I keep the "wings" sharp as well as the cutting edge. I also open the box half way and let it all blow out the back. OK, I do suck up around beds and at cleanup time, but I blow the rest out. Works well for me. I don't understand your statement, "standard Walker setup of four blades"? Who's standard? I havn't thought about it much but I don't see how you could run doubles on a Walker, at least a old one like mine anyway. I have a older 16hp 42" and I love it.

ed2hess
05-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Walker has a four blade setup that they use for their mulching decks.

Olylawnboy
05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks ed I didn't know that. I have a GHS not a side discharge. I wanted to try a set of doubles sometime but I think my 16hp wouldn't handle it that well. But gosh the old thing sure cuts well as it is :)

mole
05-04-2006, 10:05 PM
why would you want to use doubles with a walker anyway?. they go through anything

Olylawnboy
05-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Cause they go through everything "slowly" :)

LandscapeMasterpieceGA
05-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I use Gators on my Walker and I like them. I keep the "wings" sharp as well as the cutting edge. I also open the box half way and let it all blow out the back. OK, I do suck up around beds and at cleanup time, but I blow the rest out. Works well for me. I don't understand your statement, "standard Walker setup of four blades"? Who's standard? I havn't thought about it much but I don't see how you could run doubles on a Walker, at least a old one like mine anyway. I have a older 16hp 42" and I love it.
You keep the wings sharp? Why would you do that? they are not for cuttin, but to create a windflow pattern. Sharpening them could f that up.