PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about netting on grass!

A1A Lawn Care
05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a customer that I am dont some light landscaping work. She has a newly built house and when the builder planted the grass seed, he/she put a thick netting down on top. I have seen this netting before and I know what it is used for, but the builder said to keep the netting on and not take it off...ever! Maybe this is true, but as far as I know it is suppose to come off after the grass has began growing. I would really like to know if it is suppose to be there or not. It has been on for 2 months almost and it seems like it is doing more harm than good to the grass. I would appreciate any advice on this matter.

-JON

SWD
05-02-2006, 09:46 PM
No, do not remove the netting.
It's purpose is to serve as erosion control and seed bed stability.
The netting is bio-degradable and will disappear with-in a month or so.

Tn Lawn Man
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
They are SUPPOSED to disappear. But, I have seen them on some lawns for years.

PMLAWN
05-02-2006, 11:16 PM
But the fun really starts when you aerate in Fall.
There is good stuff that will disappear but I have yet to see a builder use anything that costs real money.

TURF DOCTOR
05-02-2006, 11:19 PM
It will stay for years when you power rake or aerate you will see it .

topsites
05-02-2006, 11:19 PM
But the fun really starts when you aerate in Fall.
There is good stuff that will disappear but I have yet to see a builder use anything that costs real money.

Oh yeah that green crap wraps itself all up in the tines and all around the axle and it gets so bad you have to stop and hope you have some scissors and even then it is a ROYAL PITA!!!

But just as bad as the green stuff is straw, more so for the reason everybody who puts it down always promises they will come back to remove it and then they never do. Now on the netting I can not argue when the landscape is such that it is used for erosion control, but the straw is a total waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

A1A Lawn Care
05-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks fellas, its good to now exactly what to tell this customer.