PDA

View Full Version : Flower layout

ClippersLC
05-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok I'm in a weird bind here...lol. I have a customer that has a set number of flowers to plant. in two beds that run along their front walk way.. both beds are 18 feet long by 20 inches wide. they have 72 Dianthus flowers that they definatley want to be the edge flowers around both beds. then i have 36 agerathum, 54 snap dragons, and 18 salvia. And I'll be danged if I cant figure out a decent pattern for planting them in the beds where they will work out to be even and spaced the right way. any idea's or pattern guides you guys may have would really be helpful right now. Thanks.:cry:

sheshovel
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Split up the plants 50/50 to each bed and just start planting them.Bunch them up and spread them around.You don't have to do a pattern.For your border..split the Dianthus 1/4 go on one side of one bed..1/4 go on the opposite side of the same bed and the do the same with the second bed.It's difficult to explain.

ClippersLC
05-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks Sheshovel, I understood completely... i finally got it all manipulated in there...lol. I couldnt fit all the flowers in there. it was impossible lietrally. but I squeezed as many in there as I could...lol. I'll post pics later.. thanks again.:cool2:

sheshovel
05-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Your welcome Clipper..glad I could be of help.