PDA

View Full Version : Nice spring...

Lawn-Scapes
05-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Not much rain.. beautiful 60-70 degree days. Very little to no double cutting.

Isn't it great!!!

How is it in your neck of the woods?

MysticLandscape
05-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Been raining here all day, and its supose to rain here tomorow to. Lawns will be nice and green next week, lots of mowing to do!

JTF40
05-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Nice here, also. It rains about a 3/4 inch per week (average lately). Tennessee weather is tough to predict. Usually we go straight from winter to summer - 55 degrees one day & 80 the next. The fescue is growing FAST - $$$.

In April of 2002, I was in D.C. for a week of vacation and it was 90+ degrees, Everyday. ;) :usflag:

HOOLIE
05-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah the lawns are even looking a tad dry (some of them). But I'm not fool enough to wish for rain, not in early May :laugh:

Lawns are nice and manageable :)

PGA
05-02-2006, 10:47 PM
First we were in a drought and the yards were starting to burn. In the last 10 days we have gotten 4 inches in some spots with more on the way. There doesnt seem to be a happy medium.

JTF40
05-02-2006, 10:56 PM
PGA, Where are ya?:usflag:

1MajorTom
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Not much rain.. beautiful 60-70 degree days. Very little to no double cutting.

Isn't it great!!!

How is it in your neck of the woods?
Tom,
Matt and I were just commenting about this yesterday. So far it has been a good spring, we are fortunate we are in an area that is getting some rain.... but we would like to see a little more come our way. As for the cutting, it has been exceptionally easy compared to other springs.

MOW ED
05-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Spring has been pretty great here too but within the past few days we have been catchin up on rain. Wouldnt be a problem but this is prime time for spraying. Lots of money to be made but I sure can't spray in the rain. I dont have TGCL written on my truck!!!

PGA
05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
PGA, Where are ya?:usflag:

Kansas City area.

rodfather
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Easiest Spring I can remember...little or no double cutting. Rf likes that alot:clapping:

socty
05-03-2006, 07:09 PM
:usflag: Another sure sign of global warming...a dry spring. Expect things to get weirder by the day. In the short run it seems great, but in the long run, I'm not too thrilled. We don't have much irrigation in this part of the country, so any droought is disastrous for us. Hope you all have a great year, nonetheless!

zim bob the landscaper
05-03-2006, 07:24 PM
raining today a little bit tomrow then clearing and 73 deggrees and then friday almost 80 here the grass is gonna grow like crazy.

zim bob the landscaper
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
:usflag: Another sure sign of global warming...a dry spring. Expect things to get weirder by the day. In the short run it seems great, but in the long run, I'm not too thrilled. We don't have much irrigation in this part of the country, so any droought is disastrous for us. Hope you all have a great year, nonetheless!
thats our own fault we should have treated the earth better but we puluted it and it makes global warming come faster.

dfor
05-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Have only been through the first cuts for most lawns. This week starts the second round. Nights have been chilly, a little dry but that is changing. About a quarter of my lawns have been slow to start growing.

Charles
05-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Its been too up and down here. 5 days of very warm weather and then 5 days of 10 below normal temps. Long dry spells. Hard for the warms season grasses to get cranked up. Also its been very windy most of the time. This is pretty much what happened last year except last year was drier.

PGA
05-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Have only been through the first cuts for most lawns. This week starts the second round. Nights have been chilly, a little dry but that is changing. About a quarter of my lawns have been slow to start growing.

Im on my 7th week of cutting.

StBalor
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Very Dry here, if we don't get any rain soon, you and I will be having to look for other work.

jpicciu
05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Northwest Ohio is crazy. A decent amount of rain, a lot of double cutting. And to top it off, my biggest job is fertilizing tomorrow. Oh well I suppose. Keeps me busy. But the spring is going decent. Average of about 65 degrees I would say.

mike lane lawn care
05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
rain today, none tomorrow, so i will be out and mowing in very wet grass.
but so far there has been very little double cutting, i do always double vut one lawn, that is on the main street of a very tourist populated area. the first time to cut the grass and the second time to lay down some awsome stripes.