PDA

View Full Version : Slow Payers?

JClawncare
05-02-2006, 10:29 PM
How do you deal with slow payers? The people that wait a week or two before they pay you after you give them the monthly billing.

work_it
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
You put a *DUE BY date on the invoice. On the bottom of the invoice put another * followed by a disclaimer note which states that there will be a $25 late fee applied if payment is received after the DUE BY date.

PGA
05-02-2006, 10:36 PM
How do you deal with slow payers? The people that wait a week or two before they pay you after you give them the monthly billing.

Youre complaining about it taking 7 days to get paid?

Jnamo
05-02-2006, 10:57 PM
I have the same problem as you. I came to an agreement with an elderly couple who leave town and pay their bills at the end of the month. They agreed to prepay for May but I can't get in touch with them. They still owe for 2 cuts in April (cut every-other). News papers a piling up on the door and my invoice is still there from last week? Left messages on the phone and at his work (church) he is a preacher. What to do, I don't want to lose them, they seemed sincere, but show me the money! I am out 2 cuts so far. I am thinking that I really need to try an get my 2 paid for and hit the road on this one. Any help?
Also, I have both the neighbors working for me trying to find these people. One lady said she may call the cops to go into the house and see if they are in there!? I would feel bad if this is the case...worrying about 2 cuts of $... Oh well. They are probably on a beach somewhere takin' it in!

1MajorTom
05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
When you get your utility bills in the mail, do you write out a check immediately and run out and mail it? Maybe you do, but for the majority of people, they will at least wait a few days. You have to give them a little time to pay. Our due date is the 10th of every month, and we would start considering LATE as anything that rolled in after the 17th. Until then, it's best to sit back and relax, people will need at least a little time to pay.

JClawncare
05-02-2006, 11:47 PM
I know it might take them a day or so to pay then it take a day or two for snail mail to run. But I'm asking about the one's that seem to always drag their feet about paying. And the funny thing is that the one's I have are all in high dollar house $250,000 and up and are doctors,big business owners, and a CEO of a chemical company.I feel that they have forgotten about needing money to pay bills, or maybe to have some sort a control over me, not knowing I'll drop them in a heart beat, but meanwhile the ditch digger (no insult intended or meant) are wanting at the door to pay. While I'm having to keep cattle poking the others to keep moving or in their case paying me. I just tired of having to keep reminding them to Pay Up, Please and Thank You.