PDA

View Full Version : logo help ( do you like any of these )

wacaweed
05-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Ok the graphic designer came up with a few ideas, witch ones do you all like or start over. Thanks Joe

I had to buch them up to get them to fit the pic size so they may look more wide than they are.

1MajorTom
05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Honestly none, and please don't take it as i'm someone that goes around all the time putting other people's work down. But when I look at a logo, i look at printability too, and the more colors, the more it is going to cost. I like the KISS method, something simple that is going to brand your name into peoples minds. The frog, guy in hammock etc, just don't do it for me... a frog doesn't really make me think of lawn services. I think you can do better.

wacaweed
05-02-2006, 11:50 PM
no I want to hear everyone's opinion good or bad I would also like sugestions, Hell I didn't figure this part would be as hard as it is. :drinkup:

Lynden-Jeff
05-03-2006, 03:01 AM
I agree with 1majorTom however out of them all the frog one is the best. It is the most memorable and is a very good thing. If you have some grass and trees people won't remember it like something a little "different".

Cheers
Jeff

hickslawns
05-03-2006, 03:41 AM
The frog did jump out at me and grab my attention. There is always the play on words of "toadal" lawn solutions. Corny but people remember. The guy in the hammock I would stay away from it just seems like lazy comes to mind. I know that is supposed to be the customer, but it is on your truck making people think of you as the guy in the hammock. Just my opinion. Flowers in the wheelbarrow make me think of an old lady in her garden, but that is just me. The flowers/trees with name was okay. You are right, these are hard decisions, and I still put tons of thought into every word on every brochure and every picture placement. It can drive you crazy.

Cheryl
05-03-2006, 06:38 AM
I like the second one (make the grass character a little bigger). It looks professional, and you can make the grass character your recognizable symbol on all your ads. Kinda like the gecko for Gico insurance. It says grass as soon as you look at it.

walker-talker
05-03-2006, 09:50 AM
I like the second one (make the grass character a little bigger). It looks professional, and you can make the grass character your recognizable symbol on all your ads. Kinda like the gecko for Gico insurance. It says grass as soon as you look at it.
I agree, I like this one better also.

instyle
05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
i like one of the first two.

ArkansasLawns
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Move the frog to either before or after Total, make it bigger. Move "Lawn Solutions" to fit under Total and make "Total" Big and Bold. I like the Toad.

Remsen1
05-03-2006, 05:01 PM
I like the Frog. The grass guy is OK too. I don't really like any of the others for many of the reasons already mentioned.

I wanted to ask you how firm you are on "Total" being the proper name of your business. I think the word total is a good descriptive word when it comes to your line of work and will work well as part of your company name, but I am looking for a little more about who you are, even if you wanted to still emphasize the word "total". Maybe in very small print "jim's" then in large print "Total lawn solutions". And it doesn't have to be your name either, it could just be something that when people hear it they think of your company, like just as an example "Froggy's total lawn solutions"

Loy's Home Services, LLC
05-04-2006, 12:01 AM
If I had to choose, it would be the last one with the wheel barrow. But I think it would be hard to print. Don't forget all your #'s!