PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on ZTR's

breck75
05-03-2006, 12:26 AM
I am looking at purchasing a new mower. I have several different dealers around including Exmark, Hustler, Gravley, Grizzly, Cub Commercial and Kubota. Does anyone have a preference? Has anyone had the chance to demo a Grizzly yet? Just curious. I have a John Deere with less than 100 hrs on it and it is in the shop getting it's 3rd engine. I'm a little upset.:cry:

Thanks for any and all input.

Breck

Andyshine77
05-03-2006, 02:00 AM
If you want maximum durability and reliability I would say Kubota. I have a 1987 Kubota tractor with over 8,000 hours on it and it runs like a top.

Andy.

tacoma200
05-03-2006, 11:58 AM
You will find more opinion's on this than you want if you do a search. My advice is to stay with the top name brands not the newer company's until they have provern themselves for several years. Exmark is not #1 in sale for nothing. Many companies make great mowers also. Scag, Deere, Hustler, Kubota, Dixie, etc. Test drive, test drive. Make sure you get one that suite you and a dealer you can count on. Best of luck. Not sure what type of engine you had in the JD but that is rare for JD to put out a bad product. You can get a lemon in any brand at times.

MTR
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I am looking at purchasing a new mower. I have several different dealers around including Exmark, Hustler, Gravley, Grizzly, Cub Commercial and Kubota. Does anyone have a preference? Has anyone had the chance to demo a Grizzly yet? Just curious. I have a John Deere with less than 100 hrs on it and it is in the shop getting it's 3rd engine. I'm a little upset.:cry:

Thanks for any and all input.

Breck

Gravely 100-200 series for a Z, eXmark for a wb. (eXmark has the best walk, imo)
Another choice is Toro Z or Scag Z.
I will not go with new brand with less than 10 years existence, like said, they have to be in business very very long time and really know how to perfect their craftmanship.

Killswitch
05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
less than 100 hours and the third motor?

Huh?

breck75
05-03-2006, 03:50 PM
No, less than 100hrs on the whole mower. Engine #2 had less than 40hrs.

HUH is right.:confused:

JTF40
05-03-2006, 04:11 PM
What brand ef engine when new - what brand was the second engine ? :usflag:

joeg2246
05-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Toro and Exmark are the same company. They will have quite a few similarities. I am going with a Toro due to the dealer being more established. He also prioritizes commercial customers ahead of homeowners.
I think that most of the topline mowers are fairly equal and you should really consider the dealer you would be dealing with.
One thing for sure you want to be taken care of after the sale!!!!!