PDA

View Full Version : Another Result of pricing damage...

dcplace2004
05-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Lady calls me and wants me to give her an estimate to mow her lawn and immediately volunteers that she paid 60 dollars a month last year. I thank you LB's for this because you helped cause it. She is the dean of the business school at the university!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is 15 miserable dollars a GDmnd lawn cut! And don't tell me "welcome to the business, if you don't like it, then get TF out." That is a not going to happen because I am waging war against these POS. I called a Landscape Services person a while back about picking up some debris out of my backyard and the guy had the communication skills less than that of a kindergartener. I hung up the phone in his ignorant, stupid azz face. Anybody here fit these descriptions?

topsites
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
ohhhh yeah but what you gotta understand is you need to let these folks go so they can call around until they catch someone unaware so that natural selection can take place. Much as this frustrates me as well, I have learned it is people like these whom those of us who survive need to be thankful to for helping us thin out the herd without further ado on our part, otherwise there'd be a lawnboy at every dang corner I tell you.

You could always for your own amusement, what I do like if I'm bored is to quote a price at least double my normal rate, and these folks soon don't bother me as much anymore.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just a dog eat dog world.

Kickin Your Grass
05-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I doubt she actually paid 60.00 a month. I gurantee she paid a lot more. I caught a customer trying to feed me the same crap last month but she had no clue I was friends with her current lawn guy. I already knew what she was spending and caught her in a lie.

dcplace2004
05-02-2006, 11:53 PM
very true...I hate to think this though with the fact that she is the dean of school of business at the college...if she is fabricating the 60 a week nonsense then I can do without her as I loathe people like this. To lie is to steal, and I don't like either. Peace amigo...wonder where ole lowballer 17 is...probably out marching the streets in protest somewhere with his 1000 cousins...