PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

lawnrangeralaska
05-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Recieved a call from a gentleman wanting a bid for lawn service at his grandmothers house. Here's the deal after talking to him for a minute he explains to me that he is calling most of the lawn care companies in my area to hold a meeting at the property in which he needs the service at tomarrow night at 7pm. Therefore he doesn't have to tell what he wants done 40 million times. Then everyone can bash it out on bids.

#1. Im thinking show up with all my equipment.
#2. Submit a bid through mail
#3. This guy is a fruit cake.
#4. Bid the highest and explain why my service is much better and point out what the other companies are lacking???

Joey bag a' donuts
05-03-2006, 01:07 AM
#5- dont waste your time with this b.s. Is the account really worth it???

bladeheart
05-03-2006, 01:11 AM
What a nightmare that will be if you actually show up!

sooner74
05-03-2006, 01:14 AM
#1 Show up with all your equipment would be wasting gas
#2 Submit the bid through mail and it won't get there before 7 PM tomorrow when he gives someone the job.
#3 The guy is most likely looking for the lowest bid or doesn't care enough about the lawn to give it any amount of attention.
#4 Probably start a fight

Who knows, other LCOs might be thinking #3 also and not show up. Job would be yours...

topsites
05-03-2006, 01:16 AM
What a nightmare that will be if you actually show up!

I wouldn't bother with it, it almost sounds like it might be a part of this:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=145111

Because the thing with the meeting, that concerns me... I don't go to meetings over grass-cutting, see? I mean, maybe if the guy has a ten thousand dollar a year contract but even then I just submit the bid and see you later, something is real fishy here, that thing with the meeting I don't like it one bit.

1MajorTom
05-03-2006, 01:33 AM
We wouldn't show up, the guy is just price shopping. My response to him on the phone would have been, "sounds like you'll have lots of companies to choose from, we aren't interested, but thanks for calling"

Luvs2Play
05-03-2006, 01:50 AM
How about #6
We charge $50.00 per person, per hour, plus expenses to show up for meetings like this. And we expect a decent meal and entertainment. If you want us to take care of the property, let us know. We don't haggle with other LCO's and I can't believe a reputable and reliable LCO would play a game like this!
Stay away!!!

lawnrangeralaska
05-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Im calling the other lawn companies and seeing whats up with this guy and see if he's contacted them and if they are going to attend his "meeting". This kind of guy makes me laugh.