PDA

View Full Version : Realtors

BnBLawnService
05-03-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm new to the grass cutting business but had a question. Are Realtors a good way to try to to get a few yards to cut? I have 2 in my area that I am willing to talk to and I think I would have a good opportunity to cut some yards whenever and wherever they needed me to. I was just wondering is this a good or bad idea?

BRAD ROMEO
05-03-2006, 01:35 AM
No Way All They Want Is This,this & That For Nothing & Get It Done Yesterday

Killswitch
05-03-2006, 01:40 AM
You can be willing to talk to them all day long,but will they talk to you? Its scrub work generally and unless you have that in....you wont get in. And they want the cheap.

There are easier and better customers to get.

topsites
05-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Don't ask me how they keep things up between sales but I believe most of us won't work for realtors, thou I'm willing to stand corrected.

Luvs2Play
05-03-2006, 01:54 AM
A realtor will not call until it is too late and they need the property cleaned up for something they have going on. Then they want it done in 15 minutes. After you don't get it done right away, they will call the next operator listed in the paper. They are almost as bad as car salesmen.

BnBLawnService
05-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Well one of the realtors is kinda old and I'm not sure if we are going to talk with him. But the other one we have a friend who's uncle is the realtor so maybe he can help me and my partner out for the summer with a few yards here and there. I am hoping at least. And thanks for the quick comments.

LawnScenes
05-03-2006, 02:46 AM
The only positive experience I've had with realtors is doing bush hogging for them. When they ask about clean ups and installs I look the other way. The biggest reason is they want something for nothing. Most builders are the same way also.

PMLAWN
05-03-2006, 03:34 PM
OK I will go the other way.
1st thing is to find a true Realtor- not some goof ball with a lic. that sells 10 homes a year.
You need to find the person that really wants to provide top service for their clients. This is the agent that knows how to stage a home and what it takes to make it sell. These are the agents that are doing 7-8-9 or more million a year. These agents need reliable service providers and will pay for them. When it comes time to prep a house for sale they will call you because you are good --which makes them good-- which puts money in both your pockets. An real estate company that has a property management department is also good to do business with.
The main thing to remember is that professionals deal with professionals-- So you need to be a true professional before you can sell to one. Lots of money to be made in real estate and working with real estate people. But everyone must be First Class to play.
I am bias though as I am an agent
Another point is that you need to be somewhat flexible with time-- If you have a full week of maintenance and you are solo it may not work well for you. It will not be steady work. If you build a relationship with a few it can be better work for you.

sheshovel
05-03-2006, 03:52 PM
you should try Property Managers.My freind owns
her own business and she's always looking for reliable people to maintain and do clean-ups on her clients properties.

meathead1134
05-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I have a realtor that I work with. I found him because I bought 1 of his houses from him. I cut his yard, he has also landed me several jobs that made me some good money. I have made a deal with him about him finding me work I give him a free grass cutting. He is happy and I'm happy it has worked good for me. You just have to find somebody that you can trust

spinrider2000
05-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Realtors, as far as a good source for work...I say yes, in the beginning you get some bad jobs but it can pay. The property managers are real good sources. More problem for the house owners that realtors.....But my opinion may not count since I married a realtor.

Up North
05-03-2006, 05:52 PM
A realtor will not call until it is too late and they need the property cleaned up for something they have going on. Then they want it done in 15 minutes. After you don't get it done right away, they will call the next operator listed in the paper. They are almost as bad as car salesmen.

It's no different then doing work for anyone else. If you think the guy or gal is shady...pass on them. I'm a Realtor myself, and where I live I've done work for other Realtors and then there's some I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. It all boils down to each Realtor individually, no different then the rest of your customers.

Buck