PDA

View Full Version : TTHP Conversion To Electric Start

HDALLC
05-03-2006, 02:22 AM
anyone know how difficult it would be to converted my TTHP to battery/ electric start, or shouldnt I really worry about it because it will be just one more thing to fix. :drinkup:

topsites
05-03-2006, 04:55 AM
The process varies widely from one machine to the next and it can range from relatively easy to near impossible, it all depends. Has a lot to do with what your particular machine already has in the way of motor mounts / starter locations (some motors are dual-method start-ready while others start one way or the other but can not be converted). In addition to this you need a place on the machine you can mount a small battery tray and then the battery, some wires and the starter switch can range from an easy push-button to the most complicated ignition-kill key-driven combination with amp gauge, all depends what you want). Most important is the motor itself, find the info for it and see what it says concerning electric start vs. manual.

Might still need a solenoid thou I think in most cases this is inside the starter itself.