PDA

View Full Version : Drain Pipe? What drain pipe...I didn't hit anything...

SprinklerGuy
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM
The first pic is of the front yard....lower right is the drain exit....way up on the back side of the house is where I found this leak.

When zone 2 came on it leaked out of the drain here at the street....and when I say leak, I mean gusher. After much wandering I heard gushing in the back yard, started digging and found this poly pipe that looks like it was pulled through the french drain.......it of course was damaged and eventually leaked...right into the french drain, effectively making it hard to find because the leak never surfaced.

Good news = French drain works great
Bad news = SprinklerGuy gives client large bill for labor :)

SprinklerGuy
05-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Here is the leak in all it's glory..duct tape works great.

PurpHaze
05-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Nice plow job. And to think I only suspected it was us TGs (Trencher Guys) that hit stuff like this. :laugh:

Dirty Water
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
I sometimes wonder how many pipes I've plowed through that I'll never know about.

SprinklerGuy
05-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I wonder the same thing....but this guy knew....note the duct tape on the nick in the poly.....

sheshovel
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
No you got that one wrong
Good news-Sprinkler guy gives client large bill for labor!

sheshovel
05-03-2006, 05:08 PM
See we DO have something in common SprinklerGuy..we both call our customers "Clients"
and I bet that's not the only thing we have in common baby!

SprinklerGuy
05-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Hmmm...could be ;) Usually those w/ the most in common have the most trouble getting along....

Yesterday was a very large day for GrumpySprinklerGuy and today was so large I quit early....and tomorrow..well, even better. It sure is fun when there is no overhead monster to feed! I don't even mind digging in tree roots and rocky soil.....well, I won't go that far.

sheshovel
05-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I think ya oughta buy a Mantis for that..Mine will be in tommorrow!I gotta get a life..I am all exited about it getting here!Geeezze..getting pretty bad !OH and why would someone pull pipe through a french drain?Lucky you found it at all!

paolaken
05-03-2006, 07:04 PM
that is funny, i have the same situation right now. have to go back and find zone 3 line that homeowner trenched through this winter putting french drain in back yard. water doesn't surface, it runs the 75' or so and comes out the end of the drain.