PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Jack Safety?

majorjake
05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I was thinking about purchasing a Jungle Jack for lifting up a Lazer Z for changing blades and cleaning the deck, however, I wanted to hear from those of you who have used this jack. First and most importantly, how safe is it? Secondly, is there enough room to use a impact wrench (battery)?

Another question, after using the impact wrench to remove the blades, I was told you need to use a torque wrench to put the blades back on or could you just use the impact wrench again?

JTF40
05-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I was thinking about purchasing a Jungle Jack for lifting up a Lazer Z for changing blades and cleaning the deck, however, I wanted to hear from those of you who have used this jack. First and most importantly, how safe is it? Secondly, is there enough room to use a impact wrench (battery)?

Another question, after using the impact wrench to remove the blades, I was told you need to use a torque wrench to put the blades back on or could you just use the impact wrench again?

1st : yes
2nd : yes
3rd : no
:usflag:

wanabe
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Use a safety stand with the jungle jack! One day I was using one on a 72 lazer Z and the deck hook suddenly broke off, thank god I was not under there. The weld looked bad to me.

grasssin
05-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Until mine was stolen I did not have any problems with it...

Instead of having to drive it up on both sides of the trailer you can change all three blades in under five minutes....

Although I did not have a safety stand, I did put two cinder blocks as a "just in case"- although that never happened...

I am defintely going to buy another one here in the next week or so..

majorjake
05-03-2006, 07:51 PM
So if I understand you correctly, you do not need to use a torque wrench to put the blades back on, just the impact wrench?

Lux Lawn
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Good information guys,I am also thinking of buying one very soon.

lazer 46
05-03-2006, 08:10 PM
So if I understand you correctly, you do not need to use a torque wrench to put the blades back on, just the impact wrench?

I always use a torque wrench. I've never had a blade I couldn't get off and I believe it has to do with setting the recommended torque on the blade when installing.

chesterlawn
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
To lift my deck i slide a 2x4x8 under the deck and with the leverage lift and set it on a jack stand . To loosen and tighten the blade bolts , I use a air gun .

jpp
05-03-2006, 09:59 PM

I got the jungle jack last year, I really don't know why I waited to do it. It is one awesome piece of equipment. Every morning it is one of the first things that go on the truck. I use it at least 3 maybe 4 times a day during the spring to clean the deck.

Plenty of room room for the impact and I put them back on with the impact and have had no problems with it.

Some one mentioned about using a jack stand with it. I have never used it but might be after reading about the weld breaking on one. You postion the stand right near the jungle jack and you will still have plenty of room still.

jpp
05-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Good information guys,I am also thinking of buying one very soon.

One of the best purchases I have ever done.

JP

topsites
05-03-2006, 10:04 PM

That's what I've always done, just make sure you only give it a few 'pops' once it's tight, don't keep the impact going until it's ultra-tight just in case you need to take one off in the field or if the impact doesn't work one evening, you can still get it off by hand (not to mention it likely keeps the threads good longer).

Make sure you hand-thread the nut on nice and good before you hit it or you can strip one in a ny minute lol... I like to get my nut threaded on the bolt almost completely before I hit it, takes a few seconds longer but I've stripped one or two which is how I learned.

PLS-Tx
05-04-2006, 12:45 AM
I got one a few weeks ago, and it works great.

I don't think it will lift high enough for a cordless, can't say for sure, I don't have one. It does lift high enough for the air impact.

I got mine for $125, with no shipping charge. I don't remember the site, but if you do a search I'm sure you will find it.

JBird
05-04-2006, 12:59 AM
<----------Always uses torque wrench. Will break them off with airwrench, but not put them on.

majorjake
05-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks for everyone's opinions, I really appreciate it!

LwnmwrMan22
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Will someone here measure how high the spindle is off of the ground when they've got their mower jacked up??

Right now I'm using a 3 ton floor jack and have about 1" of room to get my Milwaukee impact wrench under to get the bolt off.

It would be GREATLY appreciated!!