PDA

View Full Version : Emcon Assoc.

bobshm
05-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi- have any of you worked for Emcon Associates from NJ ? They contacted me about maintenance on a new box store here. I have never heard of them.

bobshm
05-04-2006, 08:57 PM
OK, so nobody responded, so I will tell you some of the highlights of their bid spec: each invoice for work performed must be stamped with date and time by the store manager, if invoice is not rec'd by Emcon within 30 days of work performed it will not be paid, payment for accepted invoices will be mailed appx 45 days from date of receipt LESS A 3% PROCESSING FEE, if insurance lapses a 28% fee will be charged on most recent invoice, plus a $50 penalty, and the best part, something to the effect that contractor must sign a waiver of right to file a mechanics lien against Emcon if payment is not rec'd.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :walking:

AintNoFun
05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
where in jersey are they? are they a property management co. sounds like the best thing to do is stay away... that stamp process with the manager could not be the best thing for ya...

ynvvbr
05-04-2006, 11:12 PM
They are out of Brick, NJ

Loy's Home Services, LLC
05-05-2006, 07:36 PM
No way, your:usflag: way or the hi way!

Paradise Landscapes
05-06-2006, 01:10 AM
An extremly "Red Flag". Stay away. they're trouble not worth it.

EgansCountryGardens
02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
i've also been contacted by emcon. Actually the woman on the phone seemed very nice, and informative. Although, I'd still like to see if anybody has dealt with them in the past as well before I talk to them. So I guess this is a bump considering that this is a thread from 2006

Flow Control
02-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Nature of the beast.

I am stupid since to me it would seem only reasonable for the person providing the service to spell out company policy for payments instead of the person whom is going to pay the bill to tell you how they "might" pay the bill.

bohiaa
02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I was approched last year from a company that sounds the same. But down here in my area. I posted here at lawnsite.com and others had herd of them.....

there a royal PITA....

with all the foreclousers going on. I think we all need to keep our guard up.