PDA

View Full Version : Just Started Spaying! Need Help!!

Grass Muncher
05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I just started spaying with my Seal-Rite Unit. According to the manufactors specs my unit is setup right. Tip, pump pressure, etc. The problem that I'm having is that I'm leaving what apears to be streeks. The only thing that I can think of is my pump pressure is too high and I'm getting too much material on the edges or my coaltar is to thick and needs thinned out to get a more even flow.

I'm open to any and all suggestions thanks.

PROCUT1
05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Sounds like your pressure is too low or your wand is too close to the ground.

joeE
05-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Follow your manufactures spec for the mix. Set psi to 80-90. If your not using a half lap method, you are getting 2 coats where your spray paths overlap. Using a half lap should stop the problem....... I have also found many tip suppliers that sell crappy tips that do cause more sealer stream to the edges. I have had good luck with a 2 1/2 - 3 ft spray path. Use a 40-50 tip for drives and 50- 80 tip for lots.

SealAndCoat
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
How old is your tip? It may need to be replaced. They wear out eventually. Sometimes every 700 gallons.

You may also want to add a bit more water.

PPClockworks
05-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Those are called worms and it is from a bad tip. Do not pock anything metal in a tip to clean it out. Some people even try paperclips. Big no no they cause the edges to spread out. Do try a new tip if that doesn't work then add a little more water.