PDA

View Full Version : Finally Out Of The Gate

rmarkham
05-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Just made my last purchase and am starting to put out door hangers. Thanks to all the excellent advice given by everyone here. I decided to pay cash for all of my equipment for this new start-up up front.(No monthly equipment payments to worry about) Glad to finally get started. I am not expecting much for my first year but am ready to go. Only going for home owner accounts. Again thank you to all who contribute their terrific insight into this business. Knowledge is power! With this site I feel very empowered. You can check out my Sig to see how I did on equipment. Although it is too late to change anything your input is always appreciated.

mrbray101
05-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Good job man, you will be glad you paid everything up front. Looks like you made some smart purchases. Good luck this year, I am sure you will do fine.

phototropic1
05-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, kudos for the all-cash thinking!!!

That's what I've been doing. I've been working my regular full time job and taking extra projects as they present themselves. But I'm just taking jobs that require a minimum of equipment (pruning jobs, etc) and buying more tools to expand my services as I can afford it. I think it's the best thing in the long run. I can definitely sleep at night!