PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Little Surprise Phone Call....Bid.

MMLawn
05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Back in November, I along with 4 other larger companies that are mainly commercial only service companies were contacted and ask to bid a very large commercial property. Of course the "big" three, Brickman, Tru-Green and Budd were among the 5 companies, then mine and another larger privately held local company. Well, the bid was awarded to one of the "large" public companies named above of course.

Well, yesterday the client calls me and ask if my bid is still good. Of course I say yes and they ask for a meeting. We meet today and I learn that they are very unhappy with "old big-boy and the quality of their work" and ask if I will sign a three year deal with them. I do.....

My bid that I agreed to still honor? $180,000.00 a Year........ :cool2:

BSDeality
05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
you should have added on the 5% re-application fee! that's $9K

MysticLandscape
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Dammmm 180k , whats the property like?

milsaps118
05-03-2006, 08:10 PM
That a boy Mike! Now you just have to prove to them that the smaller companys can out perform the "Big Dogs" any day. Strive for quality and the $$ will come.

mcwlandscaping
05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Whoa Thats Big Money!!!!

Jpocket
05-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Nice........

Splicer
05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
From one windfall to another...Someone up there indeed likes you Mike. A hearty congratulations is in order!!!:clapping: :weightlifter: :usflag:

ripple
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Geesh ...do you cook em dinner too?

sheshovel
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well
CONGRATULATIONS!!
That IS great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you!

MSS Mow
05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Back in November, I along with 4 other larger companies that are mainly commercial only service companies were contacted and ask to bid a very large commercial property. Of course the "big" three, Brickman, Tru-Green and Budd were among the 5 companies, then mine and another larger privately held local company. Well, the bid was awarded to one of the "large" public companies named above of course.

Well, yesterday the client calls me and ask if my bid is still good. Of course I say yes and they ask for a meeting. We meet today and I learn that they are very unhappy with "old big-boy and the quality of their work" and ask if I will sign a three year deal with them. I do.....

My bid that I agreed to still honor? $180,000.00 a Year........ :cool2:

I can only assume that your reputation precedes yourself, and they know you'll not let them down.

Congrats!! :drinkup: :drinkup:

FrankenScagMachines
05-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Great. Now i'm sick. There aren't any contracts available even half that amount around here...

But, congrats! And, yes, I would be cookin every single meal for them lol...

lawnartisan
05-04-2006, 05:38 AM
HOLY CRAPOLA!!!!!:dizzy: :hammerhead: :confused:

MMLawn
05-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Geesh ...do you cook em dinner too?

Naw, but we do have to wash their wife's car............. :laugh: J/K