PDA

View Full Version : trailer brake problem

JTS Landscaping lawn
05-03-2006, 09:56 PM
have little problem with trailer brakes doesnt seem like the trailer is getting enough power to stop. when i go to slow down the brakes come on but barely even when its all the way up. then with i do the brakes manually seems to have a little more power then just using brake pedal. still there is not enought there to stop with heavy load. was thinking that might be a bad ground. anything would be helpful.

josh

Metro Lawn
05-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Check the ground as you mentioned. If that is good, check the brakes themselves to see if they are adjusted properly. Your control box may be bad also. You can check that using a meter if you have one. These are the top things to start with.

Keith
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Check your wiring at the brakes themselves. I found two wires completely sliced in two and randomly grounding on a leaf spring. The company that built the trailer used about 4 different styles of wire connectors and basically cut corners. This pair was put together with not enough slack in the wire and had excessive tension that caused them to pull apart.
This trailer company is pretty well respected too :rolleyes:

crash935
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
josh, call me, i'll help you out with it.

Jeff