PDA

View Full Version : Stander 36'' vs. WB 48''

Patriots
05-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Looking to add a mower to my small commercial/large residential (.5 acre to 1.25 acre) crew. Running a Z-42'', Stander 52'' and WB 32'' - dumping the Z due to customer complaints about "that big machine on my lawn". Never-mind the fact that my guys love the Stander and no-one wants to use the Z anymore. For those with the Stander 36'' what do you think about it - does it get the job done while minimizing the customer complaints? Let me know what you think.

ed2hess
05-04-2006, 08:32 PM
We got the Wright Sentar Sport this year almost by chance....we got the big sell-had height adj and electric start and seat. I can't tell you how happy we are with that unit, it is great. In fact I think that it will almost mow as much grass as the 48" unit in tight conditions. The only thing that I don't like is they don't have many grease fitting on this unit....even spindles are sealed. We have been in the business for 30 years and we are now going to ride/stand, no more walking for the owners. Absolutely no complaints from customers, in fact is has smaller profile than the Scag 36" hydro machinesl

GrassFearsMe
05-04-2006, 09:45 PM
i used the old 36 stander and its was a little bumpy and hard to keep it in a straight line, but they did change the tires on the new ones so it has a wider stance. the stander is going to cut just as much as a w/b 48 b/c your moving faster. if your guys like the standers already and are comfortable with them why not. does it have to be 36 stander b/c the 48 stander cuts pretty good too.

Patriots
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
36'' because it fits in more gate - even acre lots around here are running 36'' gates

lwcmattlifter
05-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Can the standers hold hills as good as a hydro wb? That's the only thing holding me back from buying one. I'm on the fence between an Exmark Viking and the Stander.

Patriots
05-05-2006, 12:49 AM
You have never seen anything like the way a stander will hold a hill, its amazing.