PDA

View Full Version : Is it unreasonable...

procut
05-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Dealer installed an anti-blowout baffle on one of my mowers. One of the bolts came loose, and one of the blades caught it, bending it way out of shape. It is so mangled/destroyed it can't ever be used again. Is it unreasonable for me to expect the dealer to replace this free of charge? I mean they did put it in??

ALarsh
05-03-2006, 11:35 PM
No it isn't. Tell them what happened and if they are a good dealer they will replace it.

mike lane lawn care
05-03-2006, 11:58 PM
they should, but might not
my dealers are weird, i went in and talked to the person i always deal with(small town, everyone know every body), i said hey that electrical option you just installed doesn't work correctly, they came out charged me for a service call, but for nothing else. a little while later, i bought a mulching kit from them, they asked me if i wanted them to install it, i said yes(thinking i was going to pay for a service call), they show up at my house with the part before i get home, and are installing it, they never charged me for that.

P & L Turf
05-04-2006, 12:18 AM
How long has it been on ? At the tire distributor my brother works for, If your tire falls off like two days after it left their shop, your tuff out of luck. They say that anyone could have tampered with it. Hopefully they don't do the same to you. With it being a local dealer, I'm sure they won't. Even if they do, just start bit!@in until they do something for you.