PDA

View Full Version : Off season work - what do you do?

Mad_Russian776
05-04-2006, 01:00 AM
What does everyone here do for a living during the winter months, outside of snow removal?

sheshovel
05-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Hey man!We just got outa winter..nobody wants to talk about winter..It's SPRING and everybody is gearing up for SUMMER!
Unless your in Austrailia then they are going into winter..anyway......You can do a search on the subject useing the search feature above..we have gone through this subject many times already good luck!

Mad_Russian776
05-04-2006, 03:29 AM
I was thinking the same thing as I was asking this question. It's a busy time of year and the last thing anyone wants to think about (myself included) is winter. I was just wondering being that I'm "Just Starting in Business" and considering my options come down time.

deerbutcher
05-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Lawn care is my off season work.

J&R Landscaping
05-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Kind of the wrong time to ask but if you must know, I go hunting and mainly just chill. I have a part time job at a dealership that brings in a little bit of money during the winter.
Mainly though, the off season is spent getting ready for spring and summer!

topsites
05-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh if you're asking, put out more advertising or something. I mean now.

rfed32
05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
go to school...and work part time some where

Reliable Lawns
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
What does everyone here do for a living during the winter months, outside of snow removal?
((((BREATHE)))):)

Steppenwolf
05-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I took Amtrak from Cincinnati, to Chicago,Chicago to LA,LA to San Diego, San Diego to LA,LA to San Fran, San Fran to Chicago ,Chicago to Cincinnati,the train crew followed behind me with a windex bottle and paper towels to clean my face marks off the windows.......
In the early days I did the Manpower temp service thing,plowed snow,got hurt and can't do that any more so vacationing is an easy thing to fall into in the winter months.

cwlawley
05-05-2006, 12:15 AM
I own another business, so I support my family with that. I stayed pretty busy throughout January with leaf cleanups, but did no advertising. This year I am going to continue leaf cleanups and do major advertising.

29 Palms Property Management
05-05-2006, 12:25 AM
I still do lawncare in the off-season, but mainly pressure washing.