PDA

View Full Version : Gravely or Toro 52" mower, both $7000

jim163
05-04-2006, 01:30 AM
From your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE what is the better mower? I'm partial to gravely because I bought a 48" home mower to start my business last year and now I have 45 lawns and its gota got before it breaks. It really cuts great. Its time to upgrade now before Sl-l!t happens and im stuck. Every mower I look at new is $7000. Im afraid to step away from gravely because my home 48 mower has an EXCELLENT cut. Im confident its the reason my business is going the way it is. Its a complete toss up between a 52 toro or gravely. Their both the same price. same 25hp kawi. what the hell? I will not consider any other mower but theese two. IMO Gravely is the most underrated mower in the industry, but it doesn't have fans on the hydro pumps like the toro, I dont even know it that matters.

T.E.
05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Don't personally know about the Gravely, but I had a Toro 52" cut. I like it better than the Grasshopper I have now it. It produced a nice cut. That is about all I can say. Hope that helps some.

MTR
05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
What model of Gravely you are looking at? I got my 152 Z, 05 leftover for $ 6176 + tax, very fortunate that they are all 06 price now. Anyway, my 152 Z is the best decision I ever made, it cuts better than my 52 TTHP and due to 23 kawi, which has tons of power on tall grass. Anything cut nicer than eXmark you have to think hard about it. I don't even need stripe kit ($70) cause it already has nautural stripe. The layout of hydro, filter, oil filter, drain plug, and accessabilty is really well-thought, making maintenace is like breeze...like changing oil is cake walk on my Z , compared to my eXmark walk. Everything is built like tank, heavy duty. If you can get 252 Z, I think you will even have more beef and bigger, but I really like the compactness and agility of my 152 Z. The responsiveness of hydro is excellent. Take a good look at all belts both Gravely 100-200 series and Toro/eXmark rider, you will see the difference in thickness of belts...Gravely is here for real gun.

grant087
05-04-2006, 09:54 PM
u sure its not a 23hp kaw on the toro......i just got one i paid 6500 for it.....cuts awesome works great.....cant say enough good stuff about it

boxsky
06-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I got a leftover 05 Ariens 2552 XL same as the 152Z gravely, no complaints here. I have power lift on mine and paid 6700 OTD.

mhussey
06-11-2006, 10:06 AM
From your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE what is the better mower? I'm partial to gravely because I bought a 48" home mower to start my business last year and now I have 45 lawns and its gota got before it breaks. It really cuts great. Its time to upgrade now before Sl-l!t happens and im stuck. Every mower I look at new is $7000. Im afraid to step away from gravely because my home 48 mower has an EXCELLENT cut. Im confident its the reason my business is going the way it is. Its a complete toss up between a 52 toro or gravely. Their both the same price. same 25hp kawi. what the hell? I will not consider any other mower but theese two. IMO Gravely is the most underrated mower in the industry, but it doesn't have fans on the hydro pumps like the toro, I dont even know it that matters.

If I am not mistaken Toro doesn't have fans on the hydro pumps even on larger frames. I have a Toro Z-Master 19HP 48" Turbo Force deck and it doesn't have fans on the pumps.

breck75
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I just bought a Gravely 252. It has a nice price tag on it however it was well worth the money. I really like the liquid cooled engine. The bagger system works very well also. I paid $9100 out the door with the bagger system on it. The mower itself was $8600 out the door.

Breck

TNLC owners
06-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm considering adding a bagging system to my Gravely 152Z. How does yours work in wet or damp grass? I'm wondering if I could get started earlier in the day if I used the bagging system. I'm not that excited with the results I get from side discharging when I'm in wet grass that hasn't dried off yet from overnight dew. Thanks for any help you could give me on this topic.

jim163
06-14-2006, 08:07 AM
keep blades sharp and deck scraped constantly