PDA

View Full Version : inclosed or open trailers

about lawn care
05-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I am buying a new trailer. I would like to know if anyone recommends open to closed. I do not have storage for the winter. I have about 40 lawns and sell mulch. Which trailer is recommended?? Thanks, About Lawn Care

bobshm
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I bought a Wells Cargo 18' box in 1999. The best tool I own. I carry all my equipment and spare parts with me in case I need something. All my equipment is safe, dry, and confined. I can leave my trailer locked up on a property overnight with no worries. I have lettered and logo'd a two sided 18' billboard. I have a private space to pee or change my clothes. It gives you a professional image. If you plan the layout and size requirements ahead of time you will be very happy. If you shop for one, go look at used ones first and see how they hold up. Shake and twist the doors and side. Tow it. I would estimate my Wells cargo has 70,000 miles on it. It rides so smoothly that sometimes I forget it is there. It has held up very well. Be sure to buy an extended tongue so your 1 ton won't contact the trailer body in a tight turn.

qualitylawnmanagement
05-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Each trailer has their own needs. I own an open now, and then next year I'am buying a Wells-Cargo 18ft or 20ft. The open was nice to do clean-up jobs on but since I own a pick-up I just throw everything in the bed. The enclosed will set your image. People will see that trailer and know it's you if you have it lettered up. Like me I don't have a shop yet, so the enclosed you can keep all of your equipment locked up in the trailer. Good luck! Also if you do go look at enclosed take a close look at Wells-Cargo Landscape model.

Toy2
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM
You need both...I got my enclosed first, then the open....both is best...

MMLawn
05-05-2006, 11:07 PM
I do not have storage for the winter.

15 years in business and you don't have anyplace to store your equipment? I'd say you have bigger issues and problems than whether to go enclosed or open then.

firelwn
05-06-2006, 02:13 AM
good to have both but get enclosed first

Oxmow
05-09-2006, 06:41 PM
I also have a Wells Cargo landscaper series trialer. 16 ft. It ia a great trailer. I have had it since 2000 and have a messload of miles on mine too. Tracks great and light. Can't beat an aluminum trailer for towability. Haven't even had to change the brakes since new. I also have a open 5 x 10 as well. Although when needing mulch or dirt or debris i have a 1991 Ford FSD dump truck.