PDA

View Full Version : Need a Truck

Lawnx1
05-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I need a new truck for lawn cuitting. I need it strong enough to carry decent loads. I need it to cost around 10k or under.

Would a dodge diesel 2500 cummins be the answer? What else? Any diesels?

jacob land and
05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
look for an older used deisel, i picked up a 1989 dodge 250 with the cummins turbo, a dump insert and a boss blade for $2500. i have benn looking for the past 2 years for a good truck though, so its all about keeping an eye open...

meathead1134
05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I need a new truck for lawn cuitting. I need it strong enough to carry decent loads. I need it to cost around 10k or under.

Would a dodge diesel 2500 cummins be the answer? What else? Any diesels?

use autotrader.com and put in the specifics. I have bought 3 vehicles on this site

J&R Landscaping
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram diesels are nice! That cummins will pull like a bear and it will run great for a long long time! The only bad part is the Trannys in them. The are not that great. good but not great.

Lawnx1
05-05-2006, 10:35 PM
what about other diesels? Which other diesels are good? (overall)

stroker51
05-06-2006, 07:08 PM
This is a good way to start a brand war seems to me, so lets try to not do that. But, I bought my 96 F250 PSD 4x4 Ext. Cab XLT 5 speed for $9500, 149K miles. I have put almost 25k on it in a year, and had very little trouble. As far as used diesels go, in the 10k or under price range, look for a PSD in the older body style, or a 12 valve Cummins. I don't think you would be able to find a 24 valve Cummins for under 10 without a sh*t ton of miles. The older chevy diesels were junk as a whole. Some were good, but none had the power and reliabilty of the PSD or Cummins, or even the 7.3 non-turbo trucks for that matter. The 3 biggest things that I have an issue with on the old body style 'strokes is that on the 250s they still have the "twin traction beam" front suspension, which will eat tires if not kept up and have stuff replaced regularly, try to find a 350. It's not a matter of if, but when a CPS sensor will need to be replaced, this is the case with all PSD's. And Glow plug starting systems suck. Navistar needs to do somthing like the heating grid in the cummins to eliminate glow plugs.

emil35
05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Hello:

Were in colorado are you? I got two GMC 3500HD's I'm looking to sell. They are gas, but have auto transmissions, 10' flatbeds, gooseneck and bumper hitchs, and brand new boss plows (used only a few times for short periods of time). I had the trucks all outfitted for lawn care use over the winter, but then decided to downsize my business while I go to college. One is a 1997 and the other is 1999. I would like to sell them both, but let me know if your intereested. I can bring the truck(s) to you or half way depending on where your at. Thanks and feel free to write me back here or call me at 303-250-5900, ask for Emil. Thanks again