PDA

View Full Version : How to? -Stone, Plant/ Flower Bed Borders & Tree Rings

Green Elegance
05-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Hello and good day everyone,

I don't post often on this site, but I sure do read alot of the previous posts. It has been a wealth of knowledge to me.

Anyway, I started last year as a one man (part timer) doing lawns and minor landscapes jobs, but this year I chose to do away with lawns and only involve myself in landscaping and stonework. I have been staying busy every weekend doing what I like to call "projects". Usually landscape and stone jobs. One thing I have wanted to get involved with is stone borders around trees and plant beds, using mortar. Up here in North Texas, this is the big thing, and can bring in a good profit and good business. I have never myself done one of these installs but wanted to get some details from anyone who can offer insight to this. From what I have gathered, I know you want to install a good concrete base(footing) with rebar running through it. Then build up, using a stacked or rectangle shape natural stone, which we call "chopped stone" in N. Texas. Alot of times these "retaining walls" or borders are topped with a half brick facing outward to provide a cleaner look.

Also, if anyone can provide info on how to price, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel
Green Elegance Lawn, Landscape, & Stone
daniel@green-elegance.com

Green Elegance
05-05-2006, 02:42 PM
64 views and not a one can offer any assistance?

-Green Elegance

grassyfras
05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
I really don't know what your talking about with the mortar.

sheshovel
05-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Me neither.Got any pics of these what you are talking about?

Green Elegance
05-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I will take some pics of a few and post here today. I posted an inquiry before on this........and no one could offer anything either.....It may be my wording. Ill return with pics.

Thanks,
-Daniel