PDA

View Full Version : What are people thinking?

dkeisala
05-04-2006, 02:33 PM
It's 11:30am here. Just get a call from a woman asking if we have any time TODAY to come over and do some hand weeding and pruning. I almost laughed. Then, I tell her we don't do hand weeding. She's astonished by this. "What do you mean you don't do hand weeding" is her reply. Maybe I should have just told her "sure, we'll drop everything and be right over, that'll be $75 per man hour."

Albemarle Lawn
05-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Especially if its "will you hand weed my gravel?"

It indicates an extreme liberal who expects low prices and is also an indicator or borderline dimentia or schizophrenia.

JTF40
05-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Especially if its "will you hand weed my gravel?"

It indicates an extreme liberal who expects low prices and is also an indicator or borderline dimentia or schizophrenia.

Preach On, Brother !!!!!!!!!:usflag:

LawnGuy73
05-04-2006, 04:15 PM
:hammerhead: Some people :rolleyes:

lawnprosteveo
05-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Some people just dont get what "commercial mowing business" means.
They think we're like little Johnny the neighborhood kid pushing his mower around the block to mow for his $5...

Precision
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
It's 11:30am here. Just get a call from a woman asking if we have any time TODAY to come over and do some hand weeding and pruning. I almost laughed. Then, I tell her we don't do hand weeding. She's astonished by this. "What do you mean you don't do hand weeding" is her reply. Maybe I should have just told her "sure, we'll drop everything and be right over, that'll be $75 per man hour."

at $175 a man hour I might consider it.

Otherwise, ... well you know the otherwise.

mike lane lawn care
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
i wouldn't ever do hand weeding of any gravel or flower bed except my own.

topsites
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Some people just dont get what "commercial mowing business" means.
They think we're like little Johnny the neighborhood kid pushing his mower around the block to mow for his $5...

Yeah it can be frustrating ... I find the best answer for questions like that is 'no ma'am we can not do that' and say it in much the same tone of voice as the answer you get when you walk in to a store and ask for something they don't have.
It used to drive me crazy but as time wears on, the answers come easier.