PDA

View Full Version : Stripes and upsells

6'7 330
05-04-2006, 06:30 PM
While taking some before pictures for two install jobs the guys start on tomorrow, I snapped some picture of stripes to. I persuaded the client instead of just mulch, and bush trimming, a man befitting his status in the community was in dire need for his landscape look the very best lol. The guy is us giving carte blanche, all the way around the house. And it needs it to. So far in 06 this guy is a pleasure doing business with. In-addition to his house, we are going to do the installation on a new medical clinic he runs.

6'7 330
05-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Stripes are not too good on this one. We just picked this one up in 06, first or second mow, and one application. As the pictures indicate the landscape is atrocious, especially that crap plastic edging, easy selling this guy.

Precision
05-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Stripes are not too good on this one. We just picked this one up in 06, first or second mow, and one application. As the pictures indicate the landscape is atrocious, especially that crap plastic edging, easy selling this guy.
Hey now, that plastic edging looks great. especially when they don't bother to plant it at the appropriate depth and it starts popping up at the ends. I mean that adds a lot of character and charm to a landscape.

And besides it means you never have to edge again right.:dizzy:

Looks like you have a great one there. It would be really difficult to make that look more boring.

BigChaz
05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
oww oww my heart. The black plastic edging is killing me

Stripes look nice. On the first house, do something about that massive bush right off the back door. Thats a security hazard if I ever saw one.

Lux Lawn
05-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Stripes look nice,what are you cutting it with Bill?Is there a stripe kit on your mower?

6'7 330
05-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Stripes look nice,what are you cutting it with Bill?Is there a stripe kit on your mower?

It was either a Toro turboforce with a roller, or a Exmark Lazer without a roller lol. I can say for sure, that it was a 60 inch deck lol.

milo
05-04-2006, 10:45 PM
i should post some of my stripes. most of my people ask how many beers i had before i cut

Lux Lawn
05-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Bill,I bought a Exmark Lazer 52 inch this year,it leaves some great stripes.I didn't think I would use it on some of the smaller properties we do, but we are using it almost everywhere.