PDA

View Full Version : I cut the wrong lawn LOL

topsites
05-04-2006, 07:42 PM
... I couldn't remember if this one customer of mine had wanted services year-round or not but as I passed by it sure looked tall, so I thought I better cut it before they get mad.

So then I'm about 2/3 or 3/4 ways through cutting and the husband comes out and like, what am I doing? Well I'm like this and that, and he walks back in to ask his wife, turns out they didn't want me to cut it year-round lol.

Ok, so I said look, I'm already almost through here, if you don't mind I will finish cutting so it doesn't look half-done but then I'll pack up and leave so I'm not weedeating and stuff.

He was cool, brought me a soda out.

lol

ripple
05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
... I couldn't remember if this one customer of mine had wanted services year-round or not but as I passed by it sure looked tall, so I thought I better cut it before they get mad.

So then I'm about 2/3 or 3/4 ways through cutting and the husband comes out and like, what am I doing? Well I'm like this and that, and he walks back in to ask his wife, turns out they didn't want me to cut it year-round lol.

Ok, so I said look, I'm already almost through here, if you don't mind I will finish cutting so it doesn't look half-done but then I'll pack up and leave so I'm not weedeating and stuff.

He was cool, brought me a soda out.

lol
HUH??? :hammerhead:

South Florida Lawns
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I have done way worse.

I wrote down the wrong address and ended up cutting some yard on the other side of town.:rolleyes:

mcwlandscaping
05-04-2006, 09:34 PM
ive showed up at the wrong house to do an estimate!! topsites, that may be a good relationship builder for later on!

Olylawnboy
05-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Been there done that :) More than once :)

BigChaz
05-04-2006, 09:56 PM
haha yea everyone has done address mixup before. Went last week to check out a yard. Called the guy at work and have him the quote. I told him it was a little higher because of all the beds and the edging. Well tuesday I go out there to cut it and realize i did the estimate on 2007 instead of 2207. Went and cut the right house but the yard was mad small no sidewalk and two beds. Worked out good for me though. Got way more than I usually do for that size lot

Idealtim
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Thats pretty funny LOL.

zim bob the landscaper
05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
haha thats very funny.lol well not enough lawns to do somthing like that yet.:laugh:

MowerMoney
05-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Worst I ever did was to cut one stripe up the side before I realized it was the wrong house. Left a card with an apology. Never heard from them so I guess they didn't mind.

stpet291
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
So this does happen!:) My dreams dont lie!!!!

Guess my turns coming!

Screamin100
05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I went to cut a lawn (one time only), for someone who said their lawnmower was in the shop (likely story). Anyway, I was looking for the address and saw a lawn that looked like it hadn't been cut in quite some time. I began string trimming the yard and saw someone peaking through the drapes. I thought this was odd since they said they were not going to be home. I continued into the front yard only to notice I was 1 block over from the lawn I was supposed to be cutting. I went to the door to apologize, but they would not answer. Lesson learned, I won't do that again, I hope anyway.

topsites
05-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Honestly I think it's worse (and I've done this once or twice) to completely forget a customer, and I mean not just this week but somehow you accidentally drop one without meaning to... That one really blows, maybe that's why I'm so up-and-up on the cut it if it needs it even if it's the wrong one lol

scagwildcat
05-04-2006, 11:17 PM
i got one for ya! i had a client that i mowered for a few years, she just said as long as you can come, do it! less i have to worry about, so one spring i start mowing, i noticed a newr car in the drive, maybe she bought a new car?
well i continue to mow for the month, send a bill, i get a call from a guy asking why i sent him a bill and why i was mowing his lawn?? i asked who he was, he told me he owned the house for the past 4 months !! she moved and didnt tell me!!! that bizzch!!! i ended up mowing this guys house for nothing all month..

cwlawley
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I am glad to see that this has happened to a couple of people. I haven't done it yet, but I am scared to death that I will.

jlohouston
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
well haven't cut the wrong yard YET... But did walk in a back yard 2 days ago and the wife was TANNING in her B-Day suit....LOL

I just acted like I didn't even notice... Thanks to dark sunglasses... :walking:

METRO 36
05-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Tis spring i aerated a lawn at 1610 spruce spruce, it was suppossed to be 1016 spruce street, as i passed the right adress i saw my error, went back to tear up my invoice and the lady was standing in her yard and said are you from chemlawn, which i replied no and explained to her the situation. Se said dont worry abougt and what do you charge for mowing, make a long story short i sold her mowing,hedge trimming,a mulch job and gave her half price on the aerating( she insisted on paying) so it work out for me that time.

but that wasnt the only time if done the wrong lawn.

Tinkerer
05-05-2006, 01:34 AM
While delivering for Pizza Hut I went to the right block but delivered the pizza to the wrong house right across from the one it was supposed to go to. The wrong house had ordered from Dominos at the same time but whoever came to the door didn't look at the sign on my vehicle. Well the Dominos driver came after me and did the same thing I did and delivered to the house I was supposed to deliver to. These families must have not been very picky as they ate the pizzas that were delivered to them.

lawnsplus
05-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Two weks ago one of my crews starte excavating for a paver install and realized at lunch time when I showed up next door that they were at the wrong house. Major snafu!!

Cost me $700 to fix this mistake...

Also had a scheduling snafu and three crews were sent to the same adress for weed and feed. We will be cutting that lawn so it will be really long each cut, Oh well... The weeds will be dead. :) The thing I didn't get was how could the guys ignore the other 1 or 2 lawn flags that the property had been treated already?

ProMo
05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
I mow 2 large office bldgs and tru green won the bid for the offices next to them and while I was sitting in my truck they came over to the buildings I service and did my work for me. This has happened twice so far.

topsites
05-05-2006, 09:31 AM
LOL all this stuff and last evening I went to give an estimate at 4070 somestreet... Well the lady was outside but kinda hid around back as I pulled in which I found odd but what was even stranger was that for a grass-cutting estimate, this lawn had just been cut and that to me is a big red flag. So the only reason I stop is to look at the cut because I wanted to see what kind of mower was used (in case it was commercial or homeowner's) but anyway so I'm STARING at this lawn and the neighbor guys pull up in this pickup truck and I got kinda nervous because the whole thing reeked so I got back in my car and took off...

Must've looked awful funny this guy gets out of his car and stares at the lawn for 5-10 seconds then takes off lol but worse yet after re-reading some of this stuff later it dawned on me it might've been 4017 I was supposed to estimate... Will have to get back to this later today just in case lol

Mickhippy
05-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I was doing some sub mowing for council guys earlier this season. They told me to go and mow this 10 or so acre park on X street. So I go and mow it but it didnt look bad at all. 3hrs later Im finished and as Im driving off I look to the other side of the road and the park in there hadnt been mown in a while!

Yep, I mowed the wrong park! Got payed for it though! LOL

NNJLandman
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I've done that before, showed up at the wrong house to do an estimate, luckily so far not to do a job. A buddy of mine, once did an entire cleanup and cut on this one property and it ended up being the house next door, it was pretty funny.

Jeff