PDA

View Full Version : Need help on pricing for an account i already have... Located in Atl, GA

NotTheNeighborhoodKid
05-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey,
I need some help on pricing for a job I have coming up. I want to be fair, not low but not too high. I need an idea of what to charge for labor. :confused:

Five flats, 6 x 6 packs ea., of impatiens
Plus ground prep, tilling, and mixing in compost for them
Previously I charged $30 a flat, is that low?

Planting Two 3 gallon 2' tall hollies. Pike's garuntees them for one year. I was thinking about $30 ea. Again, is this low/high?

Keep in consideration I pick-up and deliver them included with installation.

Also,

What is your typical profit, per bale, on a 100 [pinestraw] bale job?

How much to charge for chemical application. Using thier container and sprayer of round up. it will probably take a couple of bottles. how much do i charge, and do i charge by the hour?

Tell me how much you charge and where you are located at.

-Kevin

Quick replies are much appreciated

NotTheNeighborhoodKid
05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
anybody...?

AWJ Services
05-06-2006, 10:38 AM
We have tons of guys in the Atlanta area who come up from South Georgia and put out the straw and supply it for 4 bucks a bail.
IT makes it hard on us.
I personally like too make 2 bucks a bail putting it out.Not a real money maker.

On annuals it really depends on the beds soil condition.
The flats I use have 18 plants per flat and they are around 9 bucks per flat.
If it is a bed that has had annuals done yearly the earth is soft and does not require much attention then a flat takes about 20 minutes.
If it is hard red clay then I charge 35 an hour for prep time till the bed is in proper condition for the annuals.
Flat rating the annuals is okay on a big job ,but on a small Job it is very hard.

On a smaller job like the one you posted you will be much better off by doing it by time.

I charge 35 an hour hand time
45 an hour for machine time(tiller,edger etc)
Take all materials and add 30% to there cost.
Estimate time start too finish including drive time.

If the beds are good it should take about 4 hours too do the annuals(180 plants) and about another hour for the hollies and cleanup.
I am guessing around 200 dollars labor plus drive time.
You should make another 50 bucks or so on markup on material.
I will also add that it will eat up a better part of the day so even at this price it will not be a stellar day profit wise.
That is why you have too really watch pricing things out that way.
Also when doing plant installation you need too check prices on Plants.
Check your wholesale nurseries.
I am in the McDonough area.

Also spraying chemicals in Georgia you need to be licensed.
I know people spray roundup everyday without a license but I just want you too be aware of this.