PDA

View Full Version : Poplar trees...

Mrk'sLawn
05-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Can anyone help me or give an estimate on what I should charge for taking down 4 Poplar Trees? They are about 20' 30' tall but very narrow.. I was thinking along the line of 195.00 per tree. Does this sound about right? I really have no idea on tree work. I have a place to dispose of at no charge.. Any thought would be a great help

mike lane lawn care
05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
for a 30 foot tree and no expirence, i would sub out a tree service. but around here the average to take down a tree that size is about $400/tree. but i think that is very high.

Killswitch
05-04-2006, 09:14 PM
200 a pop and no stump grinding for those sounds good to me. I would do it for that. Tomorrow.

OutdoorExtras
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
$800.00 for 2-3 hours of work sounds very good to me.:) Poplars really are not much of a tree at 20-30 feet, probably fit all the debri in the bed of a pick up.:laugh:

Mrk'sLawn
05-05-2006, 05:21 AM
I just want to come in around the same price as other Co's. I don't want to be very high on my estimate as I am just starting and really can't afford to lose any business. I would just like to know if this estimate is too high and should I maybe bid lower. I already have the woman as a customer for mowing and I think because I'm already doing her cutting she'll be more likely to trust me on my estimate. I just don't want to come in out of the ball park all together.

Thanks again for the advice..

Killswitch
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
$800.00 for 2-3 hours of work sounds very good to me.:) Poplars really are not much of a tree at 20-30 feet, probably fit all the debri in the bed of a pick up.:laugh:

No you wouldn't Thats a lot of debris. Thats the entire job...debris removal.

Thats a big job. Dont be fooled. But for 200 a pop and free disposal its probably worth it.

freddyc
05-05-2006, 09:55 PM
It should take you between an hour and 1 1/2 hrs to drop each tree, limb it up, and either pile it or load it on your truck if its close. I'm assuming that they are about 6" diameter.

So you should be done and out of there in about 5-6 hrs...not sure if you could fit all the branches from 4 trees in your pickup in one load though. It might take some extra time to limb them, or maybe a second trip to haul off.

jameson
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
4 Poplars, 20-30' -yeah thats a heck of a lot of debris. Is this all going in your pickup truck bed or do you have something larger? How many trips to your free disposal area will you be making, is it on site? If not, how far TO the disposal area? Would a chipper/shredder be worthwhlile to rent and factor rental into fee?

Sounds like a lot more than 2-3 hour job for one fella...if the client will bite @ $200.00 bucks per tree, then go for it.

James