PDA

View Full Version : Get the burmuda out!

Earth Works
05-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I am fighting the battle with trying to get Bermuda out of my St. Augustine! :eek: Any suggestions? Other than ripping everything out and re-sodding?

Frontier-Lawn
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
i would try to pm ric he may be able to help you

ed2hess
05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Don't keep trying....not likely to be successful in our area. .

imograss
05-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I have seen drastic attemps to rid lawns of bermuda with a bobcat. If your neighbor has it, it wont be long until you have it. If it wasn't for bermuda we wouldn't have much grass here.

dtelawncare
05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Please post any useful info on this topic if you have any or get any. I thought a very stong stand of centipede or st augustine could hold their own.

lawnspecialties
05-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Please post any useful info on this topic if you have any or get any. I thought a very stong stand of centipede or st augustine could hold their own.

Not sure 'bout the St. Aug but centipede ain't got a chance.:dizzy:

thill
05-04-2006, 10:00 PM
We find that St Augustine will dominate Bermuda every time there is adequate water and nutrients available.

As soon as one or both run short, The Bermuda will take it all back.

The moral is feed it and water it.

Good luck
Tom

Necroshine
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I am fighting the battle with trying to get Bermuda out of my St. Augustine! :eek: Any suggestions? Other than ripping everything out and re-sodding?

You could use Atrazine to kill off the bermuda.

SWD
05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Couple Atrazine at high label rates with a high, balanced fertilizer plus a bunch of water and the St Augustine usually dominates.
Particularly at higher heights of cut and in the shade.
Now, if you want the ermudagrass and not the St Augustine - use MSMA and no more St. Augustine