PDA

View Full Version : Another #@@%@ing ROPS casualty.....

LwnmwrMan22
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Just got myself my second Kubota ZD28 / 60" deck.

I traded in a 2002 Ferris IS4000 I had.

I wanted the dealer to take the ROPS off for me, but they said no way, no how.

I remember how heavy it is compared to my 2004 ZD28, which I promptly took the ROPS off after 1 time around the first yard, ripping 3 tree branches off. I'm not about to go trim all of my customer's trees up to 6'.

Well... anyways, just picked this mower up, 3rd yard I'm doing. 7 pm, gas station because it's a slow time for them....

Come around a corner, go past the pricing sign... ((((BAM))) not even going that fast, I JUST came around the corner.

I even had the ROPS folded over, still caught it with the upright....

Needless to say, I'm home now, taking this ROPS off too....

MMLawn
05-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Dang, ya'll got cheap gas at $2.75 a gallon!

DynaMow
05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
not the mowers fault

topsites
05-04-2006, 10:02 PM

LOL it's my favorite fuel too, but those signs ain't cheap.

stumper1620
05-04-2006, 10:40 PM
That was what I was thinking when I looked at the sign too!
looked at the price before i looked at the damage.

Killswitch
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I even had the ROPS folded over, still caught it with the upright....

You a midget or something? How the hell did you catch the sign and miss your head ?

lol

You need to slow down.

LwnmwrMan22
05-05-2006, 06:44 AM
I know it's not the mower's fault, but when all you run on is flat ground, you should have the option of not having the ROPS on or not straight from the dealer.

They don't even have to show a credit, in fact charge more for deleting it, so most guys wouldn't have it.

If you look at the second picture, it's 70", give or take between the base of the sign and the curb. It's that area that I was mowing, however the sign sticks out about 30" from the edge of the base.

I can mow between the sign and the curb, with the wheel of the mower, along with the edge of the deck easily going under the "overhang" of the sign.

Also, in the second picture, quite literally 1' to the left is the corner that I came around, so I didn't even have enough time to pick up speed, nevermind the fact that I had a 5 gallon bucket of garbage I was picking up on the property while I was mowing.

All the sign is, is sheet metal screws, screwed into plastic. It just blew up when I hit it.

LwnmwrMan22
05-05-2006, 07:21 AM
not the mowers fault

I was thinking about this in the shower this morning, and you know, you're right, it's technically not the mower's fault.

It's not OSHA's fault, it's not the engineer's fault.

It's completely my fault, and I'll pay for the damages, which I'm assuming will be about $800-$1000.

I've been doing this property for 11 years now. Always just mowed between the base of the sign and the curb.

Now, with the ROPS on, all trees and other obstacles I have on properties, I'll have to trim out another 20" +/- since I cannot run underneath them and lean over in the seat, since the bottom 1/2 of the ROPS still sticks up.

To me, it IS a design flaw. It should fold down closer to the tire, at least lower than the top edge of the seatback, so you can still get into these areas.

It just causes more work, whether extra trimming, or taking a push mower and using around these low, wide obstacles.

mowtech
05-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Remember, just because you are in an area without slopes does not mean you are safe from turn over. Many roll over accidents that have resulted in serious injury and death were the result of going into ditches or during loading on trailers.

bwilder10h
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
That was what I was thinking when I looked at the sign too!
looked at the price before i looked at the damage.

same here...:laugh:

brucec32
05-05-2006, 05:53 PM
I know I'd be taking out tree limbs and signs all over the place with a ROPS. I'll just stay off slopes and out of ditches with the ZTR. Even the cannister air filters were a challenge for me when they came out. I bumped it against low branches twice while backing up and lost parts or cracked the housing. You just get in the groove of using a machine and you get a little tired and careless and bam.

LwnmwrMan22
05-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Remember, just because you are in an area without slopes does not mean you are safe from turn over. Many roll over accidents that have resulted in serious injury and death were the result of going into ditches or during loading on trailers.

Now now mowtech, I've got to give you the needle here.

Where I'm at, 90% of the stuff is quite literally flat. So, the only hill I have IS a ditch. If ZTR's are rolling over in ditches, then there's more to it than the hill was unstable.

If you're in a ditch and roll, it's not just a "ditch".

Also, if you have that steep of trailer, you either need to NOT be using "temporary" ramps, the kind that you take on and off each time you use them. OR you need a full ramp, not the skinny "bobcat" style ramps.

I've got a 24' enclosed trailer, full width, 6' long, 8' wide, off of the dovetail ramp, which has 1/2 the slope of any ditch around here.

Now I understand your point, but at some point, there should also be an option of whether or not the purchaser can say whether or not he wants one or not.

Idealtim
05-05-2006, 08:26 PM
If those things arnt welded in and your mostly on flat ground, go for it.

Jason Rose
05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Somewhere floating around on here is a post by a member of his mower with the POS rops that he got wedged UNDER his deck on his house (2nd story deck) Lifted the whole thing up a bit and was stuck good. He had to jack the deck up to get the mower back!

I demoed a machine with ROPS, I don't care what everyone says about how they are safer. BULL**** I almost killed myself from catching it on tree limbs that day (grasshopper, NON folding rops). I came home with it and didn't even think about it as I backed the rig under my car port as always.... How it cleared is beyond me, had to be by a fraction of an inch! oops... My new mower I just bought has ROPS pictured on it in the brochure and the website, but my dealer did NOT install them, didn't even ask me if I wanted it! Fine by me, but I'm a little miffed as I could have at least taken the metal to the scrap yard and gotten a few bucks for it!

Scottscape
05-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Dont feel bad man I broke a sattelite dish with my rops when turning. luckily all it did was snap the bolt bracket I was able to go back to the truck and get a bolt and nut and replace it.

Mbsausage
05-05-2006, 10:06 PM
same here...:laugh:
I was mowing a customers house today in my scag (rops on, belt on) flat level ground. i have a clamshell bagger with the weights on the front. I took off my seat belt to check my back (bee?) then i started to mow again the selt belt strap got stuck between the left bar and the throttle bracket and the scag blew 5 360's before i shut it off. needless to say if the ground had a litlle zit on it i would have flipped and i would be typing this now. So from now on i wear me belt and the rops stays on. i have a little kid i need to stick around a while.

LwnmwrMan22
05-06-2006, 07:41 AM
I was mowing a customers house today in my scag (rops on, belt on) flat level ground. i have a clamshell bagger with the weights on the front. I took off my seat belt to check my back (bee?) then i started to mow again the selt belt strap got stuck between the left bar and the throttle bracket and the scag blew 5 360's before i shut it off. needless to say if the ground had a litlle zit on it i would have flipped and i would be typing this now. So from now on i wear me belt and the rops stays on. i have a little kid i need to stick around a while.

But again, you're running a bagger with extra weight on the backend.

mowtech
05-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Now now mowtech, I've got to give you the needle here.

Where I'm at, 90% of the stuff is quite literally flat. So, the only hill I have IS a ditch. If ZTR's are rolling over in ditches, then there's more to it than the hill was unstable.

If you're in a ditch and roll, it's not just a "ditch".

Also, if you have that steep of trailer, you either need to NOT be using "temporary" ramps, the kind that you take on and off each time you use them. OR you need a full ramp, not the skinny "bobcat" style ramps.

I've got a 24' enclosed trailer, full width, 6' long, 8' wide, off of the dovetail ramp, which has 1/2 the slope of any ditch around here.

Now I understand your point, but at some point, there should also be an option of whether or not the purchaser can say whether or not he wants one or not.

The needling is well taken.

The problem that we all face is that there is a wide range of users of Z mowers. On the one hand there are the seasoned professionals that truly understand the limitations of their equipment and understand how to operate the equipment recognizing all unsafe practices. On the other hand there are those that just plain don’t have a clue. Most operators are probably somewhere in between with owner operators generally being on the knowledgeable side with estate users and some employees tending to the “clueless” side. Remember, anyone can buy this equipment. Anyone can operate this equipment. There are no licenses required and there are no age restrictions. There are no laws or regulations as to safe operating practices.

I would guess from your statements here and in other posts that you are on the very seasoned and knowledgeable professional side. You clearly understand what is required to safely load a mower onto a trailer. But you might be surprised at how many people don’t have a clue as indicated by the number of serious injuries and deaths that have resulted in using the wrong ramps and/or too steep of ramps. I wish that everyone used ramps as you describe. It would make my life simpler.

I can understand the frustrations of a seasoned professional being forced to pay for safety equipment that through their competence and environment they feel they do not require. But, as a society we all pay for others incompetence through higher insurance rates and higher equipment prices to cover the costs of product liability. Now from most manufactures’ perspective, it is less expensive to add the cost of the ROPS to the product than to pay for the liability resulting from not having the ROPS. For you to buy the machine with the ROPS in the long run is cheaper than paying for a machine without ROPS with the cost of potential liability added into the price.

I don’t worry too much about those that really understand the limitations of the equipment, safe operating practices, and the hazards. For all of you, have at it—take the ROPS off. But, for those who don’t, I would hope that some of what I’ve written in this forum will rub off and that more is learned about the dangers, more is thought about safety, and/or there is greater use of the ROPS; this because I hate to have to become involved in investigating serious accidents. It just is not very much fun.

As for “ditches” here in lies part of the difficulty. What is the definition of a “ditch”? From what you’ve written, our interpretation is apparently different. How deep and how wide does a ditch have to be to be dangerous? Some are obviously dangerous and some are not, but what about those in between? A shallower ditch may not flip a mower if you go into it sideways, but may cause a mower to flip backwards if the mower is backed into it. This does happen. My point is that as hard as we try, the education of all operators of safe operation and the hazards involved in mowing is difficult, but I will try to continue to do that whenever I have the opportunity. As I said, It’s not much fun to investigate mowing accidents and I’ve had to do too much of it over the years.

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
IMO ROPS is a joke. For somebody thats new at operating a ZTR them maybe its a good idea but for myself and my father we have used them for many years every single day and we know the limitations of our ZTR mowers. I can mow some VERY steep hills with my 48" lazer Z HP but I can not go side to side. I have to go up and back down and continue to do this till the hill is done. As far as loading it on a trailor you have either got to have a mental handicap or no marbles at all to wreck a ZTR. :hammerhead:

mowtech
05-06-2006, 02:01 PM
IMO ROPS is a joke. For somebody thats new at operating a ZTR them maybe its a good idea but for myself and my father we have used them for many years every single day and we know the limitations of our ZTR mowers. I can mow some VERY steep hills with my 48" lazer Z HP but I can not go side to side. I have to go up and back down and continue to do this till the hill is done. As far as loading it on a trailor you have either got to have a mental handicap or no marbles at all to wreck a ZTR. :hammerhead:

That's just great. I'm glad you know the limitations of your ZTR mowers and as far as I'm concerned you probably do. Have at it--forget the ROPS. But let me ask you this, how would you feel if someone took off their ROPS because of your post and then had an accident resulting in their death?

newz7151
05-06-2006, 02:09 PM

$2.51 and dropping slowly here.

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2006, 02:26 PM
That's just great. I'm glad you know the limitations of your ZTR mowers and as far as I'm concerned you probably do. Have at it--forget the ROPS. But let me ask you this, how would you feel if someone took off their ROPS because of your post and then had an accident resulting in their death?

:dancing: One less moron in the landscape business!!!!

J/K actually I would advise new ZTR operators to keep the rops on till they get use to operating a ZTR. Ours didnt come with rops so I learned with no protection as did my father. Honestly if somebody hops on a ZTR and doesnt feel at least a little bit nervous around hills then their balls are a little to big for their own good. I know it took me about 1 full month before I honestly got comfertable operating our ZTR's and it took a couple months before I had learned the limitations of which I could operate them. Now 6 years later and I feel like I am a master of ZTR's and in most cases I can work circles around other guys.

I still dont know how you could roll one though. On a steep hill no ZTR is going to hold and will simply slide down to the bottom before it rolled over. Unless you run it off of something I just dont see how somebody could roll one over.

Oldtimer
05-06-2006, 02:43 PM
IMO ROPS is a joke. For somebody thats new at operating a ZTR them maybe its a good idea but for myself and my father we have used them for many years every single day and we know the limitations of our ZTR mowers. I can mow some VERY steep hills with my 48" lazer Z HP but I can not go side to side. I have to go up and back down and continue to do this till the hill is done. As far as loading it on a trailor you have either got to have a mental handicap or no marbles at all to wreck a ZTR.

Very interesting post. Good way to make widows and orphans.

I have been installing rops since the mid 90's and feel that they are absolutely necessary for the safe operation of ZTR mowers. My shop will not work on a mower if the factory installed ROPS has been uninstalled because of the total lack of support from the manufacturer should an accident occur.

When any equipment has been altered in any way the person doing so is now a manufacturer and should there be a problem his only recourse is to hire a lawyer out of his own pocket because his insurance company will not provide any support.

Oldtimer

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Very interesting post. Good way to make widows and orphans.

I have been installing rops since the mid 90's and feel that they are absolutely necessary for the safe operation of ZTR mowers. My shop will not work on a mower if the factory installed ROPS has been uninstalled because of the total lack of support from the manufacturer should an accident occur.

When any equipment has been altered in any way the person doing so is now a manufacturer and should there be a problem his only recourse is to hire a lawyer out of his own pocket because his insurance company will not provide any support.

Oldtimer

Ours did NOT come with ROPs so we are fine. Lets not turn this into a flame war. I dont like rops and wont buy a mower with rops. For a large company with a bunch of morons working for them then yes it might be a good idea. For my father and myself NO its not good.

Mike Fronczak
05-06-2006, 06:13 PM
My machines didn't come with them. I have been running these same machines for close to 10 years. However I will say there are times you need to aproch things with respect. I picked up a neww account this year there is an area (5-6' wide) next to there deck that is level, from there its 20-30' straight down, ROPS would not save your but if your stupid. I creap around that area. In my opion ROPS would be one more thing to watch or cause a problem.

PROCUT1
05-07-2006, 10:50 AM
I really only have experience with bobcat and Husqvarna ZTRs but in my opinion ROPS are MORE DANGEROUS having them on there. You are 1000 times more likely to catch a tree branch or something and flip the thing over than you're gonna roll it on a hill.

I really cant understand how you can roll a ZTR, they are not top heavy at all and they're built to naturally want to stay on their wheels.

Seems to me its like trying to flip a pancake. Stick a pancake on a wall and it'll slide, but it wont flip. Ive had many times that a ZTR has taken off on me sliding down a hill but has never given any indication that it wanted to flip.

On other equipment I agree ROPS is a must, any tractor or loader type equipment that can become top heavy.

ocelot27
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
I was thinking about this in the shower this morning, and you know, you're right, it's technically not the mower's fault.

It's not OSHA's fault, it's not the engineer's fault.

It's completely my fault, and I'll pay for the damages, which I'm assuming will be about $800-$1000.

I've been doing this property for 11 years now. Always just mowed between the base of the sign and the curb.

Now, with the ROPS on, all trees and other obstacles I have on properties, I'll have to trim out another 20" +/- since I cannot run underneath them and lean over in the seat, since the bottom 1/2 of the ROPS still sticks up.

To me, it IS a design flaw. It should fold down closer to the tire, at least lower than the top edge of the seatback, so you can still get into these areas.

It just causes more work, whether extra trimming, or taking a push mower and using around these low, wide obstacles.

Actually it's the lawyer's faults - we wouldn't have ROPS if some a-hole didn't sue a manufacturer becuase he flipped his machine on a 60 degree pitch while drunk.

ROPS is great if you mow lots of hills. For me it's more dangerous to have it installed because of low branches. Ever get wapped in the back of the head by a big branch? Maybe I can sue someone for that - john.

mowtech
05-08-2006, 10:30 AM
A couple of comments.

ROPS are not more dangerous than not having a ROPS. No one has died in a roll over on a machine that has ROPS. Most people have died in roll overs without ROPS. This is proven fact. The fact that you do not understand how a mid-mount Z mower can over turn is part of the problem. If you don't know how it can happen means it can happen to you.

Second, lawyers are not the problem. It is your loved ones that will get a lawyer and sue when you are dead because they are mad, it couldn't be your fault, and they will need financial support because of their loss. Or if you've been seriously injured and are in dire straits unable to take care of your loved ones, you will pursue a law suit in order to take care of your loved ones. Who wouldn't? Our families come first and are more important than any principles.

mowtech
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
And another thing. Of the accidents I've investigated or researched, none of the victims were drunk and none of them were on 60 degree slopes. In fact, I would say most hillside accidents occur on slopes of about 20 degrees. None of these people were particularly stupid either and none of them deserved death or the injuries they sustained.

Mower For Less
05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
How about a new invention: Breakaway ROPS ??? ;)

How about airbags deployed by gyroscopic sensors?

Or, my favorite, you could mount two huge ballast tanks on either side of the mower, and have a pumping system that maintained balance on hills by moving water from one ballast tank to the other, and it could clear trees.

Kevin

AdamChrap
05-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I am split on the ROPS decision. I have been mowing for 10 years without one and never had a problem (they didn't even offer us a ROPS on our first mower), I mow some of the sickest hills you have ever saw, I run radial ATV mud tires to hold the hills. I have almost rolled a mower backwards going straight up (Long time ago I was only 16). My dad use to have a kubota with a rops but i never ran it. One day my exmark was down so I ran his. I hit a guide wire for a telephone pole (small one with a light on it, was very old) It spun me around the wire and stood the mower straight up in the air. The pole was shaking so bad I thought it was gona break. So I hate them but, I have rolled 2 mowers and my dad one. I rolled a walker mower but jumped off, It did about 14 rolls before it stoped about 20ft short of a lake. Dad put one over a retaining wall and he didn't get to jump (12ft drop). Some how he didn't get hurt. Just last weak i was mowing with a 72" ExMark. I all ways thought this thing was so wide I couldn't roll it. I was on a small slope and the ground was dry, my wheel lost traction and I slid down the hill, Hit the ditch and up and over it went. I hit the ground and luckily it was a slow roll and I held the mower up with my right hand until I got out from under it. Two guys saw it happen as they were driving by and they stoped to help me roll it over. I was lucky and I think the rest of my mowers will have ROPS. Some of you say I must not know what I am doing to have had these things happen to me but I have been using ZTRs since I was 14 and I am now 24. It only takes one slip up or for you to not be paying attention and bam, Your dead. Also if you employ people and do not have ROPS, They roll it, they get hurt or worse, Forget about workers comp. They will pay but the come after you for negligence. I will not put a employee on a mower without ROPS, You can lose everything in a split second.

I hate them, they are a pain but they are also something you realy nead to have.

Sorry about the long post.

lawnboy dan
05-10-2006, 06:44 PM
i am leaving my rops on. the reason is attached to it is a huge electric fan that blows cool air down onto you! its called a cooltop. here in fla come summer i will appreciate it! i will try to post a pic but i am having problems

lawnboy dan
05-10-2006, 06:49 PM
here is the website for cooltop. www.cooltops.com

LwnmwrMan22
05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
All they would need to do, it put one more rotation point in the ROPS, so it folded more like a "C" than an "L". Get it to fold closer to the fender, or AT LEAST get it to fold at a point lower than the back of the seat. I suppose they figure if it's higher than the seat, even if it's folded over, it's offering some protection though.

rodneyskip
05-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks ADAMCHRAP for your honest post. I also am in a love/hate relationship with my ROPS. I have not rolled a mower, but know that it can happen faster than you think. I have also caught mine on a guide wire before and almost flipped it. It also catches branches that pop me in the back of the head all the time. But a few weeks ago I was parked in a different place at a client's house, and the ramp for my trailer was on a little steeper slope. I raised the deck on the mower with the foot lever (JD 757) as I was going up the ramp, I must have leaned forward when i did this, because I accelerated and almost flipped backwards going up the ramp. My foot slipping off the deck lifter and causing the deck to slam down is probably the only thing that saved me from flipping. I now try to wear my seatbelt more often and raise my rops more often as well.

Rollovers are serious.

Tn Lawn Man
05-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I say that....

The bottom line is that ROPS need to be an OPTION and not manditory.

I, for one am sick and tired of people telling me how I should run my equipment based on the lowest common denominator of someone who is not intelligent enough to decide if a hill or grade is too steep to mow with a Z.

mowtech
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I say that....

The bottom line is that ROPS need to be an OPTION and not manditory.

I, for one am sick and tired of people telling me how I should run my equipment based on the lowest common denominator of someone who is not intelligent enough to decide if a hill or grade is too steep to mow with a Z.

Yes there are some stupid people who have died mowing slopes that were obviously way too steep. But how steep is too steep? I can tell you that I have investigated accidents that occurred on slopes that most would think are tame. You tell me what you think the maximum safe slope angle is and I'll tell you what it actually is. In addition, many turn over accidents resulting in deaths do not involve slopes at all. And finally, I would hardly call most of the people that have died as unintelligent.

Look at this for example.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1147161996201080.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

How many of you think that mowing next to a 3 foot retaining wall with a garden tractor is all that dangerous? Probably not many. This girl was not stupid. A ROPS would have prevented this awful tragedy.

LwnmwrMan22
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Yes there are some stupid people who have died mowing slopes that were obviously way too steep. But how steep is too steep? I can tell you that I have investigated accidents that occurred on slopes that most would think are tame. You tell me what you think the maximum safe slope angle is and I'll tell you what it actually is. In addition, many turn over accidents resulting in deaths do not involve slopes at all. And finally, I would hardly call most of the people that have died as unintelligent.

http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1147161996201080.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

How many of you think that mowing next to a 3 foot retaining wall with a garden tractor is all that dangerous? Probably not many. This girl was not stupid. A ROPS would have prevented this awful tragedy.

Personally, I would absolutely think it's dangerous.

A straight drop off, I HATE.

mowtech
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Personally, I would absolutely think it's dangerous.

A straight drop off, I HATE.

That's Good!
Remember three feet is only waist high. How about two feet high? Or one foot?

ProStreetCamaro
05-11-2006, 02:51 PM

I hate to say it but YES that was unintelligent of her. I refuse to mow a slope that has a retaining wall at the bottom no matter how gradual or steep the slope is. Thats what walkbehinds are for and thats the reason we own a WB.

I see it like this........ The seatbelt law is just like ROPS. It should be YOUR choice if you want to use them or not. They should NOT be forced on you. We are starting to live in a country where you are no longer free. My new Cub Tank M48 I bought tuesday dont not have ROPS and I am glad it doesnt.

AdamChrap
05-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I hate to say it but YES that was unintelligent of her. I refuse to mow a slope that has a retaining wall at the bottom no matter how gradual or steep the slope is. Thats what walkbehinds are for and thats the reason we own a WB.

I see it like this........ The seatbelt law is just like ROPS. It should be YOUR choice if you want to use them or not. They should NOT be forced on you. We are starting to live in a country where you are no longer free. My new Cub Tank M48 I bought tuesday dont not have ROPS and I am glad it doesnt.
if you don't like them so much just take them off. They have to put them on to protect them. If they didn't some guy would roll his mower then come back and say they should have had a ROPS and sue. This way they can say "we had one on, you toke it off" Don't forget, we didn't use to have ROPS on mowers right out of the showroom. They had to put them on because the exact thing I just said was happening.

mowtech
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM

I believe the area next to the retaining wall was flat, not sloping.

mowtech
05-11-2006, 04:33 PM

I guess I disagree, it just is not that simple. So you think you have the right to take risks that result in yourself being injured. After all it is only you that is being hurt. The fact is whenever someone gets hurt, society pays--everyone pays. There's the cost of emergency responders which we all pay for through increased taxes, there the cost of medical treatment (if you survive) that everyone pays for with increased insurance costs, and if you die there is the cost of life insurance which everyone pays for with increased insurance rates, plus there could be the cost public support for the family left behind. In addition there is the liability cost to the equipment manufactures which everyone pays for through higher equipment prices. Why should I have to pay when someone is injured because they refuse to wear seat-belts which so obviously save lives? Same thing for ROPS.

Ramairfreak98ss
05-11-2006, 04:50 PM
damn that sucks, ive always wanted to add a rops onto my 05 ferris lol.

scholzee
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Is everyone belted in ? ROPS may help but if your are not belted in chances are you will still be caught under the machine during a rollover. For ROPS to be most effective you must belt in.

rklawnmowing
05-12-2006, 06:56 PM
i just took my rops off 3 days ago i got fed up with braking branches off trees and having hemlock all over me from these two houses, so now i should be able get under all the branches/trees without snapping any branches.:clapping: