PDA

View Full Version : what have you found in your bagger or grass clippings

METRO 36
05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I lost my cell phone will mowing this morning looked and looked and couldnt find it. Later at the land fill my phone starts ringing, it was in the grass clipping. Apparently somehow i dropped it and ran over it with my snapper hi-vac, and it survived the only damage was it sliced the phone cover and took off the round part on the back that attaches to the pocket clip.

What is the weirdest thing you have found in your grass,hedge clippings,bagger etc.

P & L Turf
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Ran over a few four legged creatures, found some mice in it once after the winter storage once. Usually it's just garbage.

BCSteel
05-05-2006, 01:59 AM
I found my keys once, all chopped up and useless. Best part is I was about 50km from home and a spare set :rolleyes: Needless to say I always have a duplicate set hidden under the truck now :walking:

stuie
05-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Diamond ring.Lost by a party goer the previous weekend.Knew it was in the grass somewhere and went thru every catcher full

METRO 36
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
i would have been looking for that diamond ring to lol, good find what did you do with it?

o ea found a city water cap once, i knew i hit it and it broke bt i couldnt find the other half or so till i dumped my bagger.

stuie
05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Gave it to the house owner It was her daughter in laws.

Cahsking
05-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Dot Hamit lacrosse balls!!!;)

METRO 36
05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
good deal on the ring nothig like returning a diamond for some brownie points.

and lacross balls to funny(i hope you noticed those going in. lol

Cahsking
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Hells no I didnt!! I cut this grass two weeks ago, it was it's first cut of the year!! I was already four weeks into mowing. It was a jungle.:dizzy:

mulcahy mowing
05-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Dot Hamit lacrosse balls!!!;)
lol my team gose through about 150 balls a season:rolleyes: thats ware they go

mike lane lawn care
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
found small debris, nothing like my cell phone (but i feel it coming up soon, but with me it will be the tractor with leaf shredding kit on it, just my luck.) but i did find the remains of several frisbees that my neighbors are always loosing(they always buy green ones, coincidence, i think not.)

topsites
05-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't bag no more thou I will use a rake and a tarp should it get to where the clippings form a pile... Then it goes in the front of the trailer, this has to be unloaded later which is when I usually find stuff.

The worst thing I ever found was chopped up snake. While unloading clippings, I suddenly saw this hose-looking thing and a bit of red and this and that, hard to describe but the appearance wasn't so bad, it was so mulched into the grass it hardly had much effect... But the smell, the smell of fresh and dead pieces of snake that have been basting in 90-degree weather, the smell not only did it to me but it was how I knew it was snake, and I had to walk away and throw around a few choice expletives until I felt like dealing with it again.

Just reading the above paragraph again gave me a good, solid dose of that 'Ugh' feeling that stuff gave me at the time.
Nothing like fond memories lol.

Cahsking
05-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I just bought a new bagger off ebay for $100. Happy Happy Joy JOy:cool2:

METRO 36
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
alrighty then

Splicer
05-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I lost a foam grip to my trimmer and looked and looked (once I realized it was gone) and couldn't find it anywhere. The following week I found it after I ran over it with the tractor. I looked down and there it was...IN ONE PIECE STILL!!! Gotta luvit when stuff like that happens (finding what you lost)...