PDA

View Full Version : Shorted me $10.00????

Green-Cuts
05-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey
I recently got an account for a lady that is her house and a 4 plex across the street she owns. I mowed her last saturday and she wanted me to come back on thursday(today) and mow again. When I got there she gave me $60.00 in cash and said that was for the last saturdays service.

I quoted her $70.00 for both properties, $25 for her house and $35 for the 4 plex. I had a bill for her that was for the $70 but did not give it to her because it was an aquard situation. What would be the best thing to do in this situation. I did not have the bid on paper. Should I send her a bill for the $10.00 that she ows me, add it on to her next month bill?

Thanks
BJ

WalkerMike98
05-05-2006, 12:37 AM
25+35=60 correct.

Soupy
05-05-2006, 12:39 AM
It was probably an honest mistake. Call her and verify that she understands the price.

When you enter payment does it automatically carry the balance over to next invoice. If so then just enter the payment of $60 cash then it should show balance forward $10 on next invoice.

Soupy
05-05-2006, 12:39 AM
25+35=60 correct.

That's funny :laugh:

Full throttle lawn care
05-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Not all of us are the sharpest tools in the shed.LOL:clapping:

Mrk'sLawn
05-05-2006, 05:39 AM
That's funny :laugh:

LOL:hammerhead:

Charles
05-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Ok thanks ALOT!! I spit out my coffee laughing:waving:

CutInEdge Lawn Care
05-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Well all I can say is this must be my first AQUARD moment too... But good luck in your future endeavors. I believe I read somewhere that the US is short on math teachers. That might be another option for you!!!!

Charles
05-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Well all I can say is this must be my first AQUARD moment too... But good luck in your future endeavors. I believe I read somewhere that the US is short on math teachers. That might be another option for you!!!!

Uh hum, lets not be too hard on the guy. You misspelled(AQUARD) "awkward":laugh:

topsites
05-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Uh hum, lets not be too hard on the guy. You misspelled(AQUARD) "awkward":laugh:

It's alright so long nobody has any cases of diarrhhia.
But yes, 25 + 35 = 60 :cry:

Runner
05-05-2006, 08:18 AM
LOL! Now that's something that I would do! Me and my amazing accounting skills... I guess it's a good thing you didn't go and show up at the door with a BG shovel:hammerhead: in your hand!:drinkup: Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

lawnsplus
05-05-2006, 08:37 AM
I like his billing method though, I gotta wonder if I added $10.00 to every invoice, how many would pay it??

2+2=5

CutInEdge Lawn Care
05-05-2006, 08:48 AM

You are very correct Charles. Did you not figure out that is why it was in all CAPS???? That was how he spelled it that is why I nicely put it in CAPS without saying it was mispelled but thank you for being a little more forward than I by saying it out loud :hammerhead:

Charles
05-05-2006, 08:59 AM
You are very correct Charles. Did you not figure out that is why it was in all CAPS???? That was how he spelled it that is why I nicely put it in CAPS without saying it was mispelled but thank you for being a little more forward than I by saying it out loud :hammerhead:

Maybe you should have said Math and English lol and I would have caught on.. God, you are vicious:rolleyes:

cessnasovereign
05-05-2006, 09:08 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I'll tell you what, I'd much rather LS notice the mistake then go duke it out with the lady in person and she bring it up. :dizzy: :hammerhead: :laugh:

On another note, I got a flier today that read
"MC lawn care prixcing starting at 20.00 for cutting and weedeating. insuring quality lawn care since 2005 call today for a price."

:laugh:

CutInEdge Lawn Care
05-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Maybe you should have said Math and English lol and I would have caught on.. God, you are vicious:rolleyes:

Well I was trying to be semi-tactful. However, I got called out on it so now we roll with the punches. All is good. :laugh:

J&R Landscaping
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM

But I'll tell you what, I'd much rather LS notice the mistake then go duke it out with the lady in person and she bring it up. :dizzy: :hammerhead: :laugh:

On another note, I got a flier today that read
"MC lawn care prixcing starting at 20.00 for cutting and weedeating. insuring quality lawn care since 2005 call today for a price."

:laugh:

Where those flyers home made? He's sure to get a lot of work with ads like that! LOL:hammerhead:

Runner
05-05-2006, 10:02 PM
I read the word "fertalization" somewhere today, but I don't remember where it was.......

K.Carothers
05-05-2006, 10:10 PM
I believe this is how the bump thread started out.

Very funny.

kc

phototropic1
05-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that is pretty HILARIOUS. I hope Green-Cuts is laughing along with us. It's certainly the kind of thing I might do. Definitely a reminder to all of us to dot all of our "i's", cross our "t's" and check our math.........at least twice.

Shrug it off as a lesson, Green-Cuts. Looks like you'll be eating that $10.:drinkup:

topsites
05-05-2006, 11:59 PM

No doubt, I learned some time ago whenever there is confusion to always let 24-48 hours go by first... Had a case last year I could've sworn lady didn't pay for one service and I mentioned this to her (nicely) and she said oh yes she paid... I asked her if she was sure (again real nice and non-chalant) and she said yes but now the way she said it, she was very nice and polite and long-term customer of mine, but right then I just knew better than to get in an argument, shook my head maybe a little and marked it paid, thanked her and went on down the road.

It ate me thou, it did. So when I got home I went through my back deposits and lo and behold, she really did pay.
Turns out I just forgot to mark it on my spreadsheet. :cry:

I learned another thing right then: Even if I had been right and she had been wrong, she's such a good customer of mine that I likely would've just let it fly anyhow, seeing how everybody makes mistakes :rolleyes:

It's not the honest folks who bother me, honest folks for the most part do pretty good and if we make a mistake then that is human.
Dishonest folks are an entirely different story, there's just no comparison.
One I can forgive and forget, the other burns me.

adawg88
05-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Where those flyers home made? He's sure to get a lot of work with ads like that! LOL:hammerhead:

Just to point out, I think you meant were, not where. Before you laugh at other's spelling misfortunes...:hammerhead:

firelwn
05-06-2006, 12:48 AM
So he added a tip :hammerhead: TO bad she caught on and just didn't pay up

Freddy_Kruger
05-06-2006, 01:00 AM
10 dollars gratuity:rolleyes:

Green-Cuts
05-06-2006, 03:10 PM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

It was funny I was laying in bed still upset about this talkinf to my wife.
She said "How much di you charge her for her house, and how much for the 4 plex". I repplied $25 and $35. She said dear that is $60.00. I said oh crap, tha guys on lawnsite are going to have a field day with this one and give me so much crap for not knowing how to count...:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

I was hitting myself and was glad I did not say anything to her. Thanks for all the crap and I guess I will have to go back to math class. Although the $10 tip would be nice will gas as high as it is.

Thanks
BJ

Green-Cuts
05-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh
Do we have a limit on stupid posts?
If so I am getting close to my limit...LOL

BJ

StBalor
05-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I was reading these posts wondering if you were ever gonna reply back.If it was me , i would have left the site and not showed my face on here any more. But we all make mistakes, this 1 was good for a laugh.

Green-Cuts
05-06-2006, 09:13 PM
HI
I am not afraid to admit my mistakes, I was laughing at myself along with you guys and my wife. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

topsites
05-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh
Do we have a limit on stupid posts?
If so I am getting close to my limit...LOL

BJ

Don't feel bad, honest mistake.
Everyone gets their turn, trust you me we've all done it lol, here's the next one to brighten your day:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=145669

Freddy_Kruger
05-07-2006, 01:45 AM
HI
I am not afraid to admit my mistakes, I was laughing at myself along with you guys and my wife. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah this was a funny thread.:laugh:

CutInEdge Lawn Care
05-08-2006, 08:43 AM
There is also the one with the guy who took his lawn mower down the steps and then couldn't get it out. That was a good laugh a yr ago!