PDA

View Full Version : Bubble

Dashunde
05-05-2006, 12:37 AM
How many of you actually use your primer bubble?
I have 7 Stihl products and only one needs the primer bulb pumped before starting - the brand new FS80. All of the others fire right up everytime without any pumping.
During the first start-up, I pumped the primer and it never really filled/firmed up. Do you figure it needs to go back for carb work?

P & L Turf
05-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I always hit them without ever thinking about it and have never had a problem. I guess it's a force of habit. Next time I'll try without it.

JTF40
05-05-2006, 04:32 AM
My equipment gets a pump or two in the morning and no more the rest of the day. :usflag:

Brianslawn
05-05-2006, 08:25 PM
How many of you actually use your primer bubble?
I have 7 Stihl products and only one needs the primer bulb pumped before starting - the brand new FS80. All of the others fire right up everytime without any pumping.
During the first start-up, I pumped the primer and it never really filled/firmed up. Do you figure it needs to go back for carb work?

when brand new... they take several pumps to fill up.

stihl trimmers and blowers, no primer bulb. only go to use it on stihl hedge trimmers. pull trigger, pull rope, fires up on trimmers and blowers.

ed2hess
05-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I have been in this business many years and used a lot of different brands of blowers/trimmers and the only time I use the bulb is if it runs out of gas.