PDA

View Full Version : I need some help on getting more business PLEASE!!

JFA Landscaping
05-05-2006, 01:46 AM
this is my first year in landscaping, and i have done about 4 jobs, what are good ways to get more business?????
i have passed out about 200 flyers and i have only had a handful of jobs..please give some advice on how to get more jobs

thank you
Jason

1MajorTom
05-05-2006, 01:52 AM
You can't expect to lay out just 200 fliers and get many jobs. You need to work on getting your name out there, the more fliers you lay out, the more people will have a chance to see who you are. i'm talking like 1,000's and 1,000's of fliers, not just a couple hundred. And as time continues, the more customers you add on, the more likelihood you will get referrals if you do nice work.

29 Palms Property Management
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
You can't expect to lay out just 200 fliers and get many jobs. You need to work on getting your name out there, the more fliers you lay out, the more people will have a chance to see who you are. i'm talking like 1,000's and 1,000's of fliers, not just a couple hundred. And as time continues, the more customers you add on, the more likelihood you will get referrals if you do nice work.
I couldn't have said it better. Door hangers and flyer's! More and more. And when you think you've put out enough.........put more out, and more than that! I also sponsor a local children's soccer league. I have a sign with my logo and phone # on the field, advertisement in the newsletter and on the leagues website. And it's alot cheaper then you think. It is exposed to 3,000 - 4,000 people a weekend! All residents that live within a 6 mile radius of me! I just started this, but it has worked for me in a short time. I have received 14 new yearly contracts in just 2 weekends. Different things work in different areas. This is just to get your gears turning. Think outside the box!

Mrk'sLawn
05-05-2006, 06:35 AM
I passed out around 500 fliers and got 2 calls from that. I put one at each and every grocery store in my area and got maybe 3 calls from that. I put an add in a local paper we have and received about 10 calls from that. Word of mouth, about 5.. You really have to get your name out there. I just ordered 1000 door hangers from doorhangers.com and I hope to get them out in the next two weeks. Also, each year our town has a Relay For Life walk to raise money for a cancer cure. If you sponsor someone to walk you can get an add placed in a flier along with other business's and for another fee you can get a track side sign with your logo and business info. I will be doing both. I'm going to get my name stuck in everyones head.:hammerhead:

Rhett
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Besides the fliers carry lots of cards in your wallet. Everyone you talk with make sure to give tem a card. Go by the mower shop make sur to leave tem a couple of cards. May take awhile but it worked well for me.

lawnsplus
05-05-2006, 09:41 AM
We did 20,000 flyers this year and growth has been exponential ever since. The best thing I did was hire a crew that knew how to install brick pavers. I am making a really good living installing 1 brick job per week and mowing in between.

Out of 20,000 flyers we got well over 200 phone calls. And at least 150 quote oportunities, and around 90 new service clients. We then marketed to all of them the brick work and it has spread like wild fire..

Just keep it up and things will grow.

topsites
05-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I agree 100%

Advertise, advertise, advertise !!!
I mean you shouldn't overdo it but I think in your case we need not be concerned.

Thousands of flyers, 4k or 5k for starters.

J&R Landscaping
05-05-2006, 12:32 PM
If all you put out was 200 flyers, be lucky you got any. You will only see a decent return with 10,000-20,000 +++++ flyers. Maybe putting an ad in the newspaper or put an ad in the newsletter at your church. JMO

Evergreenpros
05-06-2006, 02:31 PM
The industry average of newspaper inserts is about a 0.5-1% response. So on a run of 10,000 inserts you can expect 50-100 phone calls on average. At the start of the season it will go up and off season will go down.

Door hangers/flyers have a higher response rate (1-5%) but are more labor intensive and expensive to get out.