PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z150?

HDFF03
05-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I have a chance to purchase a 2003 Toro Z Master 150 52" deck, Kohler Pro 20 hp with 242 hours. I did a search and did not find much info on this mower. Is this model worth considering? I will use it to cut 3 acres a couple times a week.

Thanks,
Dan

curry
05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Ive got the 44" Z150 and have had zero problems. Mine is an 02 model with 650 hrs(I bought mine new). If you can pick it up for around $3000 I would say go for it.

lawnboy dan
05-05-2006, 05:15 PM
i have a 44 2001 zmaster with 1300hrs and all is still well. great machine so far 24hp koler on mine. i paid 3500$ but it has a new deck and spindles.

grant087
05-06-2006, 12:07 PM
is that the com. grade one? it depends on the condition 3800 if its rough 4500 if its in good shape and 5200 if its in excellent shape (homeowner owned was stored in a garage it has low hours so that might be the case) thats if its the commercial grade one

HDFF03
05-06-2006, 10:02 PM
It appears to be the commercial grade machine, and looks to be in good shape. Here is a link to it http://tinyurl.com/kjkjs

BobR
05-07-2006, 08:43 AM
As a homeowner mowing twice a week the SFS deck will do a great job for you, just remember to keep the underside of the deck cleaned so that the clippings can pass easily from chamber to chamber. You will find the grass clippings will be on the larger size with the SFS but cutting more frequently will resolve this. Deck is not very good for mulching because it was designed primarily for side discharge. The 20 hp Kohler will be totally adequate for that machine. I think the 100 series has smaller tires and hydro pumps but again as a homeowner you should not have a problem.

BobR

Kirt
05-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I just bought a 03 with 600 hours on it, It was used light duty commercially and it looked like a new one once it was given a bath. I paid 3500 for mine. It was well taken care off with the scheduled maintenance intervals followed.

For those that own of these machines I have a question.

I don't know if this is common or the start of the problem but one of the hyd pumps and or maybe a wheel motor....it is faster than the other one. With both handles full forward wide open. it will go fast but will start a turning to the right. (it is very noticeable) because the left is not as fast. I adjusted the stick neutral (it is to the instructions) and also the "creep" of the motors when they are in neutral. All of these are per the manual...

This is my first zero turn mower so I am unsure if this is normal. Any help or feedback would be appreciated

Any ideas?

BobR
05-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Kirt
A little creep hurts nothing but if you are anal (like I am) about that sort of thing you can adjust the actuator levers on the hydro pumps to stop it. I do not know if the 100 series has an adjustment knob on the left hydro linkage but if it does that is where you should make your adjustment. When I adjusted mine I used a floor jack to lift the rear tires off the ground, started the motor, tipped the seat forward, defeated the operator presence control switch electric connect by disconnecting it then inserting a jumper wire between the two electronic pins in the power plug, released the break, (control levers still in neutral) and observe if either wheel rotates, if a wheel is moving you can loosen the jam nuts on the long hydro linkage (between the controll levers and the hydro actuator lever) with a ½" open end wrench and then by making the linkage either longer or shorter you can adjust the wheel creep, when you are satisfied just tighten the loosened jam nuts, remove the jumper wire, lower your machine and mow off into the sunset.

BobR