PDA

View Full Version : NC regulations..

cessnasovereign
05-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Could someone please give me some facts on North Carolina regulations for a lawn care business? I have searched LS and the web but can't find anything relevant.

I am not doing any major landscaping work, just general lawn maintenance.

thanks!

JT1304
05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
You have to obtain an applicator's license for weed killers and the like. You can all the info from the state's website. Good Luck

cessnasovereign
05-07-2006, 11:43 PM
You have to obtain an applicator's license for weed killers and the like. You can all the info from the state's website. Good Luck

Could you please provide me with a link to direct info? I've searched but can't find anything..

I read on here once that just for cutting grass you don't actually need a lisense or insurance.. (Though I want them to get commercial accounts)
I just want to know the facts.

jmartin
05-08-2006, 06:54 AM
NC doesn't have a universal state license for lawncare/landscaping. Each county is different and issues it's own license(if needed). My county, Orange, doesn't require a license for landscaping, but is very strict on what you have to do to run your business out of your home. You may want to check to see if you will need any kind of permit to operate in the counties around you if you plan on doing any work outside your county. Hope this helps!

PMLAWN
05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
No license needed in Iredell, Not sure about Mecklenberg.
Lic. needed to "SELL" something but not for service.
Insurance--Get it!!!
Web--ncagr.com
Phone-- 919-733-3556- Ask for Renee
Do not squirt the killing stuff till you get Pesticide Lic.
(and YES!! that includes Round Up)

cooksjr537
05-08-2006, 02:39 PM
In Mecklenburg County you first have to go downtown to the register of deeds and register a businees name. Then go get your business licenses. They will not give you a licenses until you have a business name. So make sure you do your research on your name there are alot of books to go threw down there.

cessnasovereign
05-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Alright, thanks for all the info!!