PDA

View Full Version : drop a customer

rfed32
05-05-2006, 04:28 PM
how do i drop a customer??

i have had problems with this guy from day one. i gave him a deal because he recomended me to one guy which turnedd into two more lawns. but everything i do i seem to do wrong. if there is grass on the lawn he bugs out. i will not bag or rake it b.c it is a waste of time. i was there today and i wanted to do a good job (which i did) and it took me over an hour for 30 stinkin bucks but i just got a message from him bitchin about grass being everywhere....some spots not being cut(which is not true) and this is the third time i have had problems with this guy..

so my question to you is. how do u tell someone they are not worth your time and you dont want to do business with them anymore.(in a professional way of course)

lawnsbyrj
05-05-2006, 04:34 PM
return the call and tell them to send payment and you will no longer be able to serve them because they have an unrealistic expectation

rfed32
05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
i was thinking bill him b.c he owes me for the month and then send a letter to him....

BALSECA LANDSCAPING
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
We Had A Customer Last Night Who Has An Apartment Building Which We Maintain The Lawn. The Guy Lives 25 Miles Away. He Gets A Bill In The Mail Because We Cut His Grass Twice In The Month *(mind You For 15.00) And He Said He Doesn't Want To Pay Because He Said We Weren't There. We Told Him "then How Did Your Grass Get Short. Look For The Money We Are Charging It Isn't Worth The Aggravation And You Will Probably Do This Every Month So You Would Be Better To Find Another Service." Done Deal

Az Gardener
05-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Dear sir , I apoligize I clearly underestimated the time it would take to maintain your lawn in the manor your accustomed to. I estimate it will take 1.75 man hour per week and my hourly rate is ??? I would like to schedule a time to do the lawn when you are home so I can be sure you are satisfied before I leave. Thank you for your patience, I am sure I can keep the lawn up to your satisfaction given enough time.

I call this "falling on your sword" its all your fault. Now he has to make a decision. Your either going to get paid or get rid of him but whatever happens you are not the bad guy.

Kate Butler
05-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Dear sir , I apoligize I clearly underestimated the time it would take to maintain your lawn in the manor your accustomed to. I estimate it will take 1.75 man hour per week and my hourly rate is ??? I would like to schedule a time to do the lawn when you are home so I can be sure you are satisfied before I leave. Thank you for your patience, I am sure I can keep the lawn up to your satisfaction given enough time.

I call this "falling on your sword" its all your fault. Now he has to make a decision. Your either going to get paid or get rid of him but whatever happens you are not the bad guy.

Dear Sir,

I apologize: I clearly underestimated the time it would take to maintain your lawn in the manner to which you are accustomed.

This is better grammatically. The rest works rather well.

topsites
05-05-2006, 10:07 PM
You may consider accelerating his grass-cutting schedule by a day or 2 so as to prevent the clumping which seems to irritate the man.
If you're on a 7-day schedule, try 6 or even 5.
Double bonus: Same fee + more frequently = less work for you for more money without raising the price.

Keep billing, and if you get nervous about not getting paid, add the note 'prompt payment ensures continued service' to your bill and then you should get paid pronto.

Freddy_Kruger
05-05-2006, 10:47 PM

Thats an excellent post.

cwlawley
05-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Just call him and let him know that you aren't picking up the grass and if he needs someone that can to go with someone else. Who cares how you say it, it isn't rocket science.