PDA

View Full Version : trouble collecting

Paradise Landscapes
05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I currently charged as agreed upon to clip 2 very large arborvitaes for
150.00/ 75.00 each.
She would not come to the door, got an irate phone call to my house from her. I wasn't here but, my mom tells me this: she called wondering where you are at and she said if he completes the job, don't expect payment.

I left a hand-written bill at the back door stating job has been completed to her specs. and I'll be back to collect the 150.00 as agreed upon.

No contract, not sure how to collect.

chimmygew
05-05-2006, 05:12 PM
I would drop an invoice off stating payment due within 15 days or a $25.00 late fee will be charged to her account along with court costs and collection fees. Hand deliver it to her and just keep going over there. If she doesn't pay, take her to court. Why is she trying to get out of paying?

Paradise Landscapes
05-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Anyways, She called me. I went back.
She is a black lady and could do nothing but B***** and moan about us white people. She was all politicall incorrect and just there peaving me off. I corrected myself on how she wanted things done. That being done, I was there for 45 minutes more. I never had any trouble with people like that before.

I'm there pruning, She's weeding her beds and throwing her weeds on my tarp while I'm only being paid to haul way my clippings. I take her clippings an throw them in her yard after paying me.

She was wanting things done for free since there was no contract. I'm paid now.

Is it leagal stipulate in a contract > price will change according to customers' attitude<

An automotive shop thats' reputable has this in thier shop.

dkeisala
05-06-2006, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Paradise Landscapes]
Is it leagal stipulate in a contract > price will change according to customers' attitude<QUOTE]

Simply write up the services they are asking you to perform. Add to the agreement "any services requested that are not explicitly set forth in this agreement will result in additional charges avove and beyond the agreed upon price stated above" or something to that affect.

topsites
05-07-2006, 12:55 PM
You can go contract but when trouble comes, it may not save you. Ok, the contract is written so you can threaten with court but what if they call your bluff and you have to go to court?

I had someone a few weeks ago wanted some work done. 4 piles of sawdust from stump grinding, gutters cleaned (1-story house) and a couple small bushes pruned (5-10 minutes on that). There where leaves everywhere, not tons of them but enough... Oh no, that's fine she said, how much to cut the grass? Guess I should've caught the red flag but I didn't, it just wasn't like that. So, move the piles, prune 2 bushes and clean gutters: 150

I know what it was, I know exactly what it was. To save money, she said to just take the sawdust to the back, so what I did was load my trailer with that stuff from the front, then rode the truck and trailer in the back and backed it all up in there but that's not what did it, this next part is: Having taken many a load of crap to the landfill, I know from experience the best or at least easiest way to unload it is with the 4-cycle backpack blower. So long it's not branches or bigger stuff, well she came out to watch because 20-30 minutes later that trailer was empty and I know that's what did it: Some folks think for 150 I will spend at least 5 hours and 8 would be better but I was done in just under 3.

So out she comes with that look, you know: INSPECTION! I knew right then and there the game was on but decided to wait, you never know for sure until it comes out but out it came: You didn't clean any of these leaves and blablabla and on and on I could tell she was just getting warmed up but I stopped her short and said this:

The only thing I recall were the 4 piles of sawdust, the 2 bushes pruned, and the gutters cleaned for 150.

She paid.
I was short and to the point with her, I let her know without saying it that I'm not playing games.
I won't do more for free while they hold money hostage, I lost her as a customer but I don't care.

DadsLawnCareInc
05-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Next time send two well dressed Italians over to ....um.....Discuss her options.
ohh...Fo get a bout it. Good Luck, Tony Milano...Yeah I'm Italian what ov it.