PDA

View Full Version : This is a new one

DanaMac
05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
My tech went to a rental home today to do a bunch of little things, including replacing 4 rotors not turning. Early version of the RB 5004. The tenant apparently was tired of waiting, so he took off one of the rotors, hooked up the hose and an oscillating up-and-over sprinkler to it. So it ran when ever that zone of other rotors ran. Nice, real nice. Maybe I'll try to hire the clown.

DanaMac
05-05-2006, 08:27 PM
He also went to one today that he started up 3 weeks ago. Customer said #5 is not working now, since I got back in town. He turned on #5 and it was turning on and running, but no water. Finally saw the infamous waterbed bubble in the yard. Once he found that, he saw a piece of 3/4" PVC with a cap on it sticking into the ground. That PVC was 15" long and was hammered into the ground and straight through the pipe. Not sure what it was for as the customer went out of town again and was not home. Whatever it was for, it is sitting in his garage now.

PurpHaze
05-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Had one yesterday where Maint. Dept. said one of our sprinklers was hitting the door of a mechanical room and water was collecting on the floor by electrical panels. Door entry has no threashold on it. I changed out a Toro 300 arc disc to close the sprinkler down from getting anywhere near the door and water started coming up under the electrical panel. Found out that with all the rain an uphill electrical makeup box was full of water and every time the zone came on it added water which then seeped down the conduit and came up inside the room. Ball is now in their court. :)