PDA

View Full Version : New mower is finally here !!

Sharp Services
05-05-2006, 11:08 PM
It took a little over two weeks, but I got the call today that the mower had arrived and that I could pick it up on Monday.

Thanks to everyone that has guided me thru this process. I finally ended up purchasing a walk behind. I wanted to get a walker ... but I just don't think my business is there yet. Hopefully in 18 months I can add one to the trailer.

New Mower:

Snapper Pro Hydro equipped with a 15 hp Kawasaki OHV engine and a 36" adjustable deck - $4199.00

I added the mulch kit for $109.00 and the bagging system (for leaf season) for $469.00. I was not going to get the sulky but in the end I also ordered the standsit sulky for $420.00.

Grand total $5197.00

The only thing that I am worried about is that the 36 might be light on the front and I might have to add weights so the front want lift up while using the sulky. What do you think?

I will have to practice some at home before I take it to a customers house. I am use to using a Hydro tractor. Hopefully this mower will start saving me some time.

Sharp Services
05-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Also purchased a Echo PAS260 to replace an aging Redmax.

Sharp Services
05-15-2006, 07:30 AM
I took delivery of the Snapper WB last Friday and cut 5 yards with it. WOW ... it is amazing how much time can be saved when you get off a standard tractor and get behind a hydro WB. It is going to take some getting use to ... but I am sure that my speed will increase.

Thanks to all who helping me decide on this new mower.

Ron's Lawncare
05-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Did you try the sulkie yet? that takes some getting used to.

MTR
05-15-2006, 01:40 PM
It took a little over two weeks, but I got the call today that the mower had arrived and that I could pick it up on Monday.

Thanks to everyone that has guided me thru this process. I finally ended up purchasing a walk behind. I wanted to get a walker ... but I just don't think my business is there yet. Hopefully in 18 months I can add one to the trailer.

New Mower:

Snapper Pro Hydro equipped with a 15 hp Kawasaki OHV engine and a 36" adjustable deck - $4199.00

I added the mulch kit for $109.00 and the bagging system (for leaf season) for $469.00. I was not going to get the sulky but in the end I also ordered the standsit sulky for $420.00.

Grand total $5197.00

The only thing that I am worried about is that the 36 might be light on the front and I might have to add weights so the front want lift up while using the sulky. What do you think?

I will have to practice some at home before I take it to a customers house. I am use to using a Hydro tractor. Hopefully this mower will start saving me some time.

First off, congrats.
Secondly, a 36" walk for $5197? Are you for real? :hammerhead:

fulano
05-15-2006, 02:28 PM
First off, congrats.

You should have given him an idea of where to get that same mower for less instead of beating him up on the price.

I'm in the market for a 36" exmark TTHP. Where do I get one for less than $4425 and that is just mower and tax no extras like mulch it or sulky.

Sharp Services
05-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Did you try the sulkie yet? that takes some getting used to.

I have tried the sulkie and yes I will have a learning curve on it. I don't have many properties that I will use it on, but it will speed up the large yards.

Sharp Services
05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
First off, congrats.

I priced around for the mower and it was a little more than others but the dealer is close and takes care of me and that is worth something.

I don't think I did that bad .... for that price I got the following:

36" hydro (dual pump) with a Kaw 15
Mulch kit
Mulch blades and high lift blades
Sit/Stand Sulkie
Bag kit
Bag
and a great dealer

kirk brown
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
congrats i been using my husqvarna 36" hydro 15hp kawi. for a couple weeks and i love it as well. it`s crazy how fast they are on a small res. yard.

MTR
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
You should have given him an idea of where to get that same mower for less instead of beating him up on the price.

I'm in the market for a 36" exmark TTHP. Where do I get one for less than $4425 and that is just mower and tax no extras like mulch it or sulky.

I am not beating up on price, but look at it, that is like buying a 34", 36", 42", 44" Z. My point is I don't get it why spending that much for a walk. I would shop for a used hydro walk, plenty lying around cause people move up to Z and they want to get some cash back and that is when beauty of bargain comes in.