PDA

View Full Version : new tacomas

nate121080
05-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Anyone have a new 05 or 06 tacoma that you are using to tow with? I have an 05 pulling a 6x12 tandem loaded with an exmark 52" Hp and a 60" xs plus weedeaters, ect and it pulls excellent. It even pulls hills good and its pretty steep in some places here. I have the v6 double cab with a/t with oil and transmission cooler. My trailer is actually 13'2" now. Had to modify it to get both mowers on it. Get over 21 mpg on the highway and right at 18 towing so its easy on gas to :dancing:

jameson
05-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Anyone have a new 05 or 06 tacoma that you are using to tow with? I have an 05 pulling a 6x12 tandem loaded with an exmark 52" Hp and a 60" xs plus weedeaters, ect and it pulls excellent. It even pulls hills good and its pretty steep in some places here. I have the v6 double cab with a/t with oil and transmission cooler. My trailer is actually 13'2" now. Had to modify it to get both mowers on it. Get over 21 mpg on the highway and right at 18 towing so its easy on gas to :dancing:

Nate

I was out a couple of weeks ago looking at trucks and stopped by the Toyota dealership. I have always been a Ford man, it was a difficult decision to pull into the lot. My 2000 Ford F-250 w/the V-10 is going to join the fleet soon and I need something practical to drive around in, instead of that hungry hippo.

I really like the Tacomas, frankly everything about them was just what I was looking for. I have never owned a truck with anything smaller than a V-8 and had concerns about the V-6 in the Tacoma...So I appreciate your review!

James

Riverrat6
05-06-2006, 01:59 AM
i drive a 95 tacoma 4x4 4 cylinder pulling a 11x6 homemade loaded with a bad boy 31hp aos series and racks full of trimmers, blowers, saws, ect. I just rolled over 230,000 miles today. My ol truck is way past its prime but it still pulls good and probably averages around 20mpg loaded. I've been thinkin awful hard about a new '06 though. sweet trucks