PDA

View Full Version : "you see this, it's written in red, it's a DUE DATE"

bobbygedd
05-06-2006, 06:29 AM
so, i'm mowing one of my lawns yesterday, and the neighbor is waving me over. i mosey on over, "yea, whatta u want?" he wants mowing. nothing else, just mowing. i say, "$120 a month, cept for the months that have 5 weeks, they are $150." he goes ,"great , how do i pay you?" all i had with me was a work order. so, i fill it out, and hand it to him and explain, "you sign right here authorizing the work. and you see this area in red? this says DUE DATE , it's not a SUGGESTED due date, or an APPROXIMATE due date, it's a real due date. if you do nothing else, for the rest of your life, you still MUST pay the bill before the due date. copeesh?" he looks at me, bewildered, and i thought he was gonna tell me to go screw myself (big biker type) , but instead, he looks at me and says, "hey, man, i don't want no trouble with you, let me run inside and grab you a check, for the next TWO months, in advance." i said, "i'll wait right here." i hope you boys learned something

ArkansasLawns
05-06-2006, 07:53 AM
You go Bobby.

Buy yourself something special.

I like the way you said "Not a suggested Due Date". This says DUE DATE , it's not a SUGGESTED due date, or an APPROXIMATE due date, it's a real due date.

Wish I had the gonads you do. Well maybe not.

jt5019
05-06-2006, 08:22 AM
I have two regular customers that for whatever reason think the due date doesnt matter this year.It is quite annoying especially when its a laarger amount of money. One is over 15 days late, i was supposed to be spreading some mulch for them but stopped all work until i see a check.

bobbygedd
05-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I have two regular customers that for whatever reason think the due date doesnt matter this year.It is quite annoying especially when its a laarger amount of money. One is over 15 days late, i was supposed to be spreading some mulch for them but stopped all work until i see a check.
yup, late payers screw up your finances, AND YOUR SCHEDULE. if i'm scheduled to do extra work at a client on wednesday, and thier maint fees are late, now i have to change the schedule cus i aint letting them get into me for $800, when they can't even pay thier $150 maint fee on time

Badgerz
05-06-2006, 09:10 AM
so, i'm mowing one of my lawns yesterday, and the neighbor is waving me over. i mosey on over, "yea, whatta u want?" he wants mowing. nothing else, just mowing. i say, "$120 a month, cept for the months that have 5 weeks, they are $150." he goes ,"great , how do i pay you?" all i had with me was a work order. so, i fill it out, and hand it to him and explain, "you sign right here authorizing the work. and you see this area in red? this says DUE DATE , it's not a SUGGESTED due date, or an APPROXIMATE due date, it's a real due date. if you do nothing else, for the rest of your life, you still MUST pay the bill before the due date. copeesh?" he looks at me, bewildered, and i thought he was gonna tell me to go screw myself (big biker type) , but instead, he looks at me and says, "hey, man, i don't want no trouble with you, let me run inside and grab you a check, for the next TWO months, in advance." i said, "i'll wait right here." i hope you boys learned something

:rolleyes:

Ol'time Lawncare
05-06-2006, 09:20 AM
"hey, man, i don't want no trouble with you, let me run inside and grab you a check, for the next TWO months, in advance." i said, "i'll wait right here." i hope you boys learned something
Good deal!!! he may be a good client.

DynaMow
05-06-2006, 09:21 AM
I have learned that even big biker type are afraid of a little man with a shovel

DLS1
05-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I think I finally figured you out Bobby. Your actually a wimp with your customers. Your so scarred of loosing your $25 yard jobs you hardly even talk to them so you post on this site acting like a take charge business man to relieve your frustration of not being able to ask them for $26 a yard. Go back to selling hot dogs. :laugh: :laugh:

lawnman_scott
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I think I finally figured you out Bobby. Your actually a wimp with your customers. Your so scarred of loosing your $25 yard jobs you hardly even talk to them so you post on this site acting like a take charge business man to relieve your frustration of not being able to ask them for $26 a yard. Go back to selling hot dogs. :laugh: :laugh:Why does everyone have a problem with people trying to enforce a due date? Doesnt make any sence.

ripple
05-07-2006, 11:17 AM
ROFL

You might as well pay for all the hamburgers your gonna eat this year at Mcdonalds up front.
Just send them a check now!

topsites
05-07-2006, 12:35 PM

Yeah I got someone playing me funny... Started out as a triple-deal, three things needed doing so I finished the first and left a bill, a week later finished the next thing and left another bill... Two weeks later I haven't seen a check so I'm sitting here thinking, why throw more good work after bad?
Four weeks later I go back, I said heck with it, just finish the last part and by the time I got there, someone else done did it.
Now here's the kicker: Folks like these may argue about I never finished but the whole thing is, you still got to pay for what got done, not my fault you got impatient before you never sent me any money at all and then you call someone else.
Makes me wonder if they're paying the next Lco or if this is one of those who goes from one to the next and never pays?
Yard is looking better, might have to use some reverse effect chem if they don't pay lol

Yeah that's it... Blow the leaves right back out of the woods and tell her I'll use some dorthene to reverse the gypsum effect, turn the soil right back to the clay-base they had. Of course, they probably still won't care if they just plan on ripping off one after the other, I think the usual collection method is better.