PDA

View Full Version : Had surgery on my ears and need help....

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I had tubes put in my ears because of severe hearing loss due to fluid build up in my middle ears over the last 20 years. I use to have a pair of elvex relax com-75 hearing protectors and they were awsome. I now have peltor worktunes and they suck big time. They dont block out noise nearly as good as my old elvex did and it refuses to hold a station for more than a couple minutes. I have been searching all over the place and cant find anybody that sells them other than elvex which you have to print a form and fill it out and mail it in with a check. That process will take weeks before I received my headset. I need them ASAP because after my surgery yesterday my hearing has completely come back to normal and everything is so loud I can barely stand it. I can only immagine what my mowers are going to sound like come monday.

So if you can help me find a place that has the Elvex COM-80R or COM-75 in stock so I can order them right now and have them shipped over night that would be appreciated!!!

lawnmaniac883
05-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Dont use hearing protection in conjunction with sunglasses. My peltors block out tons of noise unless I have sunglasses on. Try them with no sunglasses...

Fantasy Lawns
05-06-2006, 01:26 PM
eBay they'll run bout $80

mrbray101
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM
whats with the no sunglasses with hearing protection? Ive never heard that before, I always use hearing protection while wearing my sunglasses.

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2006, 01:43 PM
whats with the no sunglasses with hearing protection? Ive never heard that before, I always use hearing protection while wearing my sunglasses.

Yeah same here.

And as far as ebay goes I could only find 2 models of the elvex headsets and they werent the ones I want. The com-75 has a NRR of 25db and the com-80R has 27db plus rechargeable batterys and a port for mp3 playes and stuff like that. The COM-80R is what I really want. :headphones:

Fantasy Lawns
05-06-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=com80r

1MajorTom
05-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Steve found a better price than I did, all you got to do is check to see if they have overnight shipping.
http://www.rdfaulkner.com/catalog/item.php?item_id=55&PHPSESSID=e880f19a89b74625a6626a153b4a2956

ProStreetCamaro
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
WOW thanks fantasy and major!!! I have been looking all morning and couldnt find anything!!!

lawnmaniac883
05-06-2006, 04:12 PM
When you have sunglasses on and are trying to use muff type hearing protectors, the sunglasses create a gap inbetween the muffs and your face. This gap allows sound to go straight to your ears instead of through the muffs. Try with and without and you will understand.

McClain's
05-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Get an Ipod with noise canceling head set thats what I use and its good for me.....................

grass disaster
05-06-2006, 04:19 PM
the solution is put the glasses above the muffs they will be at somewhat of an angle on your face but you get used to it.

what works better is wear a baseball cap....muffs then put on the cap over the muffs. it will tighten the muffs over your ears to have outstanding noise reduction.

if that doesn't work try putting some of those soft earplugs in first the follow^^^^above directions.