PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by General Motors! 2500HD Duramax Owners Lookout

Kgrebs
05-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Let me start by saying that I have had nothing but chevy trucks over the years and I love them. In fact the one I have now is my favorite! 2004 2500 HD with a duramax and allison. Best thing money could buy.

A couple weeks ago I started having some problems. No power, lot's of black smoke, burning oil and it was a dog! Being a typical scraper, I was very busy with work and could not free up any of my trucks to get work done and to top it all off each time I drove by my local dealership...no problems, no engine light and no codes to read.

Then it happened. The other morning I went out, checked my fluids and started her up so she could warm up. Rap...Rap...Rap...Rap. What the f**k! I have been around plenty of diesels and thought okay no fuel pressure or a bad injector...I could live with that. Try to drive it...no chance.

So I call the dealership and request a tow. They tell me to call GM roadside and I do. Sure they'll tow my truck bu only to the nearest dealer within 20 miles. From where I was it was 36 to my dealership, bought it there, service it there and will always bring it there. So I get screwed (for the first time) out of $100.00 bucks for the extra mileage. Drop the truck off and am in good hands, or so I think.

One day goes by, then another, finally I hear they have found the problem. Listen up Duramax owners...it is the main wiring harness for the duramax and the computer. Based on their location, they are apt to fray and short out. They happen so often there is now a service bulletin out on them. Great...get it fixed. Wiring harness wait time 4 days...new bracket to prevent fraying 10 to 12 days. WHAT!

100,000 mile warranty on those duramax diesels. So after arguing whether or not the wiring harness is considered part of the "diesel engine" we concluded that it would be covered based on the fact that it is only used on the duramax diesel.

Here comes the "good" part. So I am basically out of business here without the truck to work. Especially based on the fact that I am going to be down for at least a week. Don't worry, GM offers to help me...$30.00 per day towards a rental. I don;t think you can rent bicycle's for that much and definitely not a truck that can work and pull trailers and loads. Then they proceed to tell me I will have a mileage limit on my rental. What I should have dome was taken the rental, hooked up my trailers and just keep burning them up. Let them come get them!

Now do not let this start a ford-chevy-dodge fight. I love my chevy and everything it has it is the GM customer service that sucks!

lawnmaniac883
05-06-2006, 01:26 PM
That kinda sucks but nothing new for any of the big 3. It is always a hassle to get a rental or another truck to work with. If you do then you get an apple and leave them an orange. Glad ya got it fixed up though.

PLM-1
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I've gotta D-MAX. Love it. My dealer gives me a 3/4 to pull with. Guess it's just a dealer thing.

LawnGuy73
05-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I've gotta D-MAX. Love it. My dealer gives me a 3/4 to pull with. Guess it's just a dealer thing.

I think hes right, I had my Cummins in a couple of months ago to get it fixed. It was in the shop for three days, they gave me a 3/4 ton with a Hemi to drive.

K&L Landscaping
05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Same situation with my '06 F250 PSD. Drops a tranny at 800 miles, eats a starter at 1400 miles and they offer a Ford Taurus to drive while mine is in the shop. Claim they didn't have any 3/4 ton trucks to loan out. Will Toyota PLEASE start building 3/4 ton and 1 ton work trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

efaubert1
05-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I'll tell you what, I must have a good dealership. When I drop a truck off for repair they hook me up with a used 3/4 or 1 ton off the lot. Never had a moments hesitation out of them in 14 years I been shopping their. Same sales guy all 14 years too.

G.M.Landscaping
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kgrebs]

it is the main wiring harness for the duramax and the computer. Based on their location, they are apt to fray and short out. They happen so often there is now a service bulletin out on them. Great...get it fixed. Wiring harness wait time 4 days...new bracket to prevent fraying 10 to 12 days. WHAT!

QUOTE]

You would think they would start stocking those items if it's a common thing.:hammerhead:

kc2006
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Will Toyota PLEASE start building 3/4 ton and 1 ton work trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure they got heavy duty work trucks over in japan? Just move over there then you'll have all the jap vehicles you want :laugh: :laugh:

sorry I had to :waving: :usflag:

MTR
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Here we go again....:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Would this put GM to the brink? The Toy is killing everybody here.

FrankenScagMachines
05-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Same situation with my '06 F250 PSD. Drops a tranny at 800 miles, eats a starter at 1400 miles and they offer a Ford Taurus to drive while mine is in the shop. Claim they didn't have any 3/4 ton trucks to loan out. Will Toyota PLEASE start building 3/4 ton and 1 ton work trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I woulda taken the Taurus to the local U-Haul shop and had them install a receiver hitch on it, go tow your equipment with it somehow, then drag it back to the dealer when your truck is done, with the tranny half fried up and brakes bawling, and hand them the bill for the hitch and installation, when their jaw drops tell them you had to keep working and its either re-imburse you for the cost of the hitch plus $500 compensation for alimony, or else get sued for lost wages while the truck was down!!! ROFL :cool2: :drinkup: :hammerhead: :weightlifter:
Next time they will FIND a pickup for you to use hahahaha.....

Ramairfreak98ss
05-15-2006, 10:28 AM
that sucks, how many of you guys ONLY have one truck? i only have my 91 f150 now, luckily with 183k on it it rarely ever has problems lol but im looking at a used 06 2500hd end of this year maybe or a f350 but trying to stay away from their problems now, i was die hard set on the superduty ford. Ill be keeping my f150 though.