PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when Joe Mow decides he can irrigate

Dirty Water
05-06-2006, 04:51 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=145652

This thread brings up a real sore spot for me, which is LCO's "fixing systems", programming timers, or even doing entire installs.

It gives our entire industry a bad name.

Harry0
05-06-2006, 11:46 PM
We are a full service landscape company. Irrigation service and installs, lawn maint., landscape installs and maint. ect. I've had my NJ irrigation liscense for 6 years. I probably forgot more than I remember during my classes. I guess I am not a"Joe Moe". That thread is very amusing.
I will be checking it out for some good laughs.
Harry

DanaMac
05-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Booby doesn't know what he's talking about. On any subject. If anyone is stupid enough to hire him with his piss-poor attitude, they deserve to get screwed over. Right Booby?! :)

LandscapePro
05-07-2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=145652

This thread brings up a real sore spot for me, which is LCO's "fixing systems", programming timers, or even doing entire installs.

It gives our entire industry a bad name.

Well, ya gotta admit DW it was good for a laugh....

When LCO's attempt that sort of stuff here, the man in the white shirt with a La. Dept. of Agriculture emblem on the left sleeve shows up. :nono:

Mike
La. Landscape Contractor #2576

Mdirrigation
05-07-2006, 06:19 PM
We generally get 3 calls a week from customers having problems due to LCOs
attempting repairs . I like to get a bit sarcastic when I am talking with the customer. " If your air conditioner quit , do you call the lawn guy? "

The big problem occurs when I go out to service a system under warranty and find a different brand head than we installed on the system , the customer tells me that the lawn guy hit it while airating and replaced it . I tell the customer how unfortunate that is , now that the lawn guy voided the warranty for the system and that the homeowner is now responsible to pay for all repairs . In order for us to put the warranty back in effect we must inspect the entire system , re do any repairs made by others and that this will cost $ 250 for an inspection plus parts.

LandscapePro
05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
The big problem occurs when I go out to service a system under warranty and find a different brand head than we installed on the system , the customer tells me that the lawn guy hit it while airating and replaced it . I tell the customer how unfortunate that is , now that the lawn guy voided the warranty for the system and that the homeowner is now responsible to pay for all repairs . In order for us to put the warranty back in effect we must inspect the entire system , re do any repairs made by others and that this will cost $ 250 for an inspection plus parts.

Is this clearly spelled out in your contract for the installation?

That is when anybody touches the system other that you the warranty is voided?

Curious

Mike

Wet_Boots
05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Repairs or adjustments by anyone other than the installer and/or his service people are reason enough to cancel a guarantee. Even without a separate passage(s) on the subject, it could fall under the general exclusion of system mistreatment/abuse.

Mdirrigation
05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Is this clearly spelled out in your contract for the installation?

That is when anybody touches the system other that you the warranty is voided?

Curious

Mike

Its spelled out very well. How can anyone honor their warranty if the customer or another contractor comes in and screws things up